~*~ ROSE OF HEAVEN (for Karen Kelley) ~*~

Post your friendship poetry here.
hisheart
Diamond Member

~*~ ROSE OF HEAVEN (for Karen Kelley) ~*~

Post by hisheart » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:08 pm

ROSE OF HEAVEN

I have a friend I've come to cherish.
She has such beauty, just like the rose.
When You created her, You made her special,
Because in her the love of Jesus shows.

The rose is delicate and it's petals sparkle.
The morning dew shining on each one.
Her special beauty draws me to her,
With her bright smile, so like the Son.

The love of You, Dear Lord, she carries,
To those who hunger for Your Word.
She reaches out to those around her,
Making sure each one has heard.

Not many know how much she suffers,
Because she keeps her pain inside.
This beautiful rose, is such a treasure,
It's clear Your love in her abides.

So, Lord in Heaven, I beseech You,
To touch her with Your loving grace.
Please heal this precious Rose of Heaven,
And put that smile back on her face.

As I come kneel before You, Father,
Please touch my friend, for whom I pray.
And may Your precious Holy Spirit,
Give her Your peace throughout this day.

I thank you, God, for You are faithful,
To hear your children as we pray.
And I pray for this beautiful flower,
This Rose of Heaven You sent my way.

To Karen K, the Beautiful Rose of Heaven
Written for you by the other Karen, who loves you so much!
God bless you, my sweet friend. You hold a special place in my heart.
© August 2, 2009
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

B Lawyer
Platinum Member

Re: ~*~ ROSE OF HEAVEN (for Karen Kelley) ~*~

Post by B Lawyer » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:33 pm

Dear Karen....what an absolutely beautiful tribute to our wonderful friend, Karen Kelley. She certainly IS a gorgeous Rose of Heaven. God has filled her with His grace and love and she constantly shares it with everyone. My prayer is that her pain will flow away from her body, just as your loving words flow down the page. You have hit the nail on the head with this masterpiece. Karen K. always has a kind word for everyone and her love knows no end. Speaking with her, you would never know how much pain she is in. She is always concerned with other's pain instead of her own. She is very much like you, my dear charge. You have your own medical problems, yet you go out of your way to help others on a constant basis. In my opinion, both you and Karen K. have come to us from the same glowing rose bush in heaven. You are both very, very special people and God is very, very pleased with both of you. This is one of your best poems, Karen. It was inspired by God and written with all the love you have in your heart. Thank you for honoring our dear friend, Karen K. I love both of you with all my heart.

May God bless you always and may He continue to hold you close to His heart.

Love You,
May God always hold you in the palm of His hand and may you always sleep with Angels surrounding you.

Jeff Guest

Post by Jeff Guest » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:35 pm

This couldn't be anymore beautiful sweet Karen, you have described K.K. perfectly and not enough good could ever be said of this cherished soul!!! Your beautiful poem is absolutely spectacular and you can tell each well place word came from that beautiful, caring and loving heart of yours!!! How fitting that you both share the same first name and so many of the same God given qualities!!!
God Bless You Karen for writing this phenomenal poem for another phenomenal soul!!!

Superb!!!
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Oh, God bless you, buttercup...our Karen K is such a blessing to us all...I really don't think she really knows how very much she is loved and appreciated (that humbleness the Bible speaks of)....but this poem will sure let her know just exactly what she means to all of our hearts!!
Karen Kelly, I love you!
forever,
Pokey
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:50 pm

Karen,
This is one of the most Beautiful poems that I have ever read,I don't really know karen K but I know I will get to, what I have heard of her is all kind loving things and I bet this poem says it all,you are a very special person with a very big loving heart, I know God is shining down on you,

God Bless you
Love Eva

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:12 pm

And what is so awesome with God is that His very love for all shines so brightly through our dear friend Karen Kelley, just like your beautiful poem, your beautiful verses speak. A humble servant of the Lord she is, and a friend to anyone who would want that gift from her to come about, in her very humble way. She doesn't post all that much, but eveything she does post if from her heart. She embraces others who are hurting and suffering and lifts them up in her prayers before her self, and she does suffer much, but keeps on trusting and hanging on to the Lord. And also, being nurse at one time, she is a wealth of useful information about almost any health situation. I know, that like you others, I too have been blessed by her friendship. And you Karen, like has been said, are so much the same. Each friend is special and unique in each's own way as designed by God. We should embrace all friends as such because each has so much to give. Thank you Karen for sharing this most beautiful poem with us. Be blessed.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Katie
Gold Member

Post by Katie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Sweet Karen, it is so good to read another one of your beautiful poems. And such a beautiful tribute. I'm afraid I don't know Karen K. either, but from your description, she sounds quite a lot like you, and that would have to mean that she is truly wonderful. I know the good Lord guided your pen when you sat down to write this, and every word is a blessing unto Him. We are all praying for this wonderful Karen K. and I'm sure she will be deeply touched by your poem. We are all praying for you as well sweet Karen B. Despite all you endure you never hesitate to let us all know who needs prayer, and who's been blessed, and I lift you up as well for God to strengthen you in your diligence. May God bless Mike as well. Thank you for sharing this touching write sweet lady. Now I know there are two Roses Of Heaven.!!!!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

GOD BLESS KAREN K. AND KAREN B.!!!

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!
youaresospecial.jpg
youaresospecial.jpg (67.14 KiB) Viewed 4588 times

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Beverly Rose,

If there is a beautiful rose bush in Heaven, then surely it grew there especially for you. And our Karen K. grew there with you. You are our Beverly Rose, our Resident Angel. You fit right in there, too.
Truly, Karen has been an overwhelming inspiration to me and there is just nothing that she ever does wrong. She never complains, she is always so concerned about others and she is a blessing everyday. She laughs and keeps her spirit alive no matter how sick she is. Thank you for reading this tribute to her. Nothing I could write would ever come close to being adequate.

But, hopefully, this WILL make Karen realize how much she is loved here at Hugs. And, so are you, my Angel.........God bless you, too!

Love you,
Karen J
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi Jeff,

I know that you are so sweet to even put Karen K and I in the same sentence. She is way above anything I could ever be. I have never had anything to complain about. But, this lady is the one that you look at and you see how beautiful she is both inside and out. You find out how ill she is and you listen to her talk about the heartaches of others. Her tears fall, not for herself, but for everyone else.

It was a privilege to be able to write something to make people who don't know her realize that they should get to know her. What a blessing she is to me. I love her so much and so does everyone here. She is so precious.

Thank you, Jeff, for sharing your sweet words to Karen K AND to me, for that matter. She is surely a "Rose" in every sence of the word.

You, too, are an inspriration to all, Jeff. You, too, are one who continues to do for others no matter how ill you are. You, too, are like Karen K. We are so blessed at Hugs to have people filled up with the love of the Lord and not afraid to use it.

God bless you and thank you for sharing in this tribute to Karen K.

Love ya!
Karen J

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:21 pm

Oh, my little PokeyBeelicious.......

Isn't our Karen just the sweetest little thing??? Everytime I talk to her, I am just amazed at how sweet and kind she is and how very concerned she is about others. She is a lot like you, Pokey. You and she have the same big heart and your minds are always on how to help someone else.

You and Karen K are the sweetest people in the world and I just love you to pieces, too. Thank you for making this little thread for Karen even better by putting in your loving words. You are right......she has no clue how special that she is, but I truly hope she will know now.

She is greatly loved and so are you, my sweet Pokey Bee Mine. I wubs you.

Butterbean
xxoo

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:31 pm

Dearest Eva,

You have become so dear to me and you touch my heart everyday. If I could give you a gift and if I could give one to Karen, as well, I cannot think of anything nicer than to introduce you to each other. You are the sweetest person and Karen K would love you so much. And, you would feel the same way about her.

Two such lovely ladies simply MUST get to know each other. Thank you, Eva, for coming into my life. I feel that way about Karen, too. And if you get to know each other, you will have sooooooo much in common. What a blessing to have you and Karen BOTH on this same website. God sure knew now to bless us.

God bless you, sweet friend. I hope you and Karen can get to know each other soon. It was a long time after Karen came to this site that I got to know her. And, it is the same thing with you. What a blessing I would have missed if our paths had not crossed. I know that it is time for you both to come together, too. Thank you so much for coming to read Karen's poem.

Love you,
Karen J. (the J is for "Jean", my middle name)

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Dear Steve,

You and Karen have been the best of friends for a very long time. Each of you have great admiration for each other and understandably so. You each have those great big hearts. And, you each suffer silently.

There is just not enough good that can be said about Karen. She brightens my day everytime we connect. She is that rare person who just reaches to help no matter what. You and she have that in common.

I thank you for coming in to add your comments to her poem. I could not make it worthy of her. I could only try. But, with all of the rest of you adding your words, it made it very clear that we all love her very much.

And we love you, too, Steve. We will be praying for you tomorrow.

Love you bunches,
Karen J

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:45 pm

Oh, Katie,

You put a tear in my eyes with that last line. You are so sweet. You are another one that has blessed so many of us and you MUST get to know Karen K. You came in here and just opened up your heart and your arms to all of us. God bless you, Katie, for always seeing the best in everyone.

Karen K is the kind of person who, like you, can word things in such a way that your heart can feel her emotions. Her poetry is beautiful just like she is. You, too, have a very wonderful gift of expressing your love. Thank you for taking time to read this tribute to Karen K. I hope that you and she will become friends very soon. You will bless each other's hearts as each of you have mine.

Love you!
Karen J

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:50 pm

DEAR KAREN(HISHEART);
A MAGNIFICENT AND BEAUTIFUL WRITE, FOR YOUR FRIEND..TRIED TO GET HERE SOONER, BUT HAVE HAD A LOT OF POSTS TO MEET TODAY !! LOL~~SO, HOPE U FORGIVE ME..THIS IS A MOST DELICATE AND UNIQUE POEM, FOR YOUR FRIEND, KAREN K...I HAVE READ YOUR POSTS@HOW MUCH SHE HAS SUFFERED, AND I STILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR HER TOO !! THIS IS TRULY A BEAUTE OF A POEM, IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD !! I'M SURE SHE WILL LOVE THIS, WHEN SHE SEES IT !! SIMPLY SUPERB, KAREN B...LOVED IT, LOVE YOU, SHIRLEY ANN SHAW~~~~~"GOD BLESS YOU AS ALWAYS"......

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:13 pm

A simply beautiful poem, Karen, for a simply beautiful person, our Karen Kelley. Everything everyone has said is so true of my Florida Sistah. She is so strong even in the depth of her own pain and she would not have anyone tell her to not do what she does for others and straight from her heart. I feel rather odd right now, because I am saying these things about K.K., yet I feel like I am talking about you, too, Karen !! You are both so much the same when it comes to being selfless for others, even through your own travails. So, there is no wonder you both have come so close....another set of Sistahs !!! I love you both very, very, very much and am indeed a very lucky person to have y'all's love.... nuff said.

Love, Linda :D 8) :wink: :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image