~~~Walking In His Footsteps~~~ For Karen B.

Post your friendship poetry here.
imfallingleaf
Platinum Member

~~~Walking In His Footsteps~~~ For Karen B.

Post by imfallingleaf » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:38 am

youaresospecial.jpg
youaresospecial.jpg (67.14 KiB) Viewed 5392 times
This poem is for my sister Karen B. Whom I love with all my heart,
and who holds my hand through everything, both the good and bad.
You are my rock Karen!

In His Footsteps.

I have a sister,
Sweet as can be.
Striving to be all,
Jesus wants her to be.

Reaching out to others,
In Jesus’ Name,
She prays for the sick,
The suffering and lame.

Her work just never
Seems to be done!
She ministers to others,
Forgetting needs of her own.

The truth is she needs prayer,
For the ‘Thorn’ she too carries.
She’s tired and in pain,
But her love for God never varies!

Her sweet meek soul,
Burns with desire.
Much more intense,
Than a Sacrificial Fire!

To follow Our Lord,
In His Foot prints she walks.
To share His Message and Love,
And encourages all in her talks.

And so, forgetting,
All the needs of her own,
She takes all of ours,
And kneels before Gods Throne.

Humble in Spirit, soft of voice too,
She gives her all, to me and to you.
God gave her gifts of Compassion and Love too,
And these she shares freely to everyone—it’s true!

So now I come before Gods Throne,
And I ask Him in Prayer,
To please heal my beloved sister,
To touch her everywhere!

From the top of her head,
To the soles of her feet,
Please heal her my Lord,
For my sister is so meek.

My sister is Karen,
But Lord, You already knew!
She shows all Your Love,
And in all things she Worships You!

Please give her rest,
And remove all her pain!
For her Message of You,
Is every ones gain!

I love you my sister,
As sweet as can be.
And one day together,
We’ll Worship at His knee!

By,
Sherry Falling Leaf Jones
© Oct.4, ‘09

hisheart
Diamond Member

Re: ~~~Walking In His Footsteps~~~ For Karen B.

Post by hisheart » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:08 pm

My Sweet Sister, Sherry,

God bless your heart. This is beautiful and a prayer that touches my heart deeply. The tears were flowing as I read this lovely blessing from your heart. And, I guess you felt my need because I, like so many others, am sick and really feel rough today. But, I know one thing, with a beautiful prayer like this going up for me, I'll be up and going again in no time.

You have been a special blessing to me, Sherry. Your tender heart glows with the love of Christ and you are just a special and dear sister to me. I know that you put your whole heart and soul into this poem for me and it truly shows, honey. God bless you, Sherry. I will cherish it always. And I will forever hold you dear to my heart. I love you and thank you so much.

Always,
Karen
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Chee Chee Martin
Gold Member

Post by Chee Chee Martin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Oh sweetie, what a beautiful poem for a beautiful lady ~ Karen!!! I know that came straight from your heart directly to hers!! :-) I keep Karen in my prayers everyday and I will continue to do so!! The Good Lord hears all our prayers on her behalf!!! Bless your beautiful heart sweetie for writing this for her!!! :-) Hugs ~ Chee :-)

imfallingleaf
Platinum Member

Post by imfallingleaf » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Oh Karen! I am so happy that you liked your poem!! Your message to me here also brought tears to my eyes! You are right honey, this did come from my heart and soul! Every word of it is truth. But you are so humble honey you don't see how much you do for me and for everyone else. I love you so much, I know how you are feeling, don't ask me how, but I really think it's God telling me. I believe He whispers into my heart, 'Sherry Child, your sister Karen isn't feeling well, she needs your prayers'. Karen this poem came so freely to me, in fact rushing at me. God gave me the right words to tell you how much you mean to me, and how derserving you are unto Him. You need prayers yourself honey, yet you seek nothing for yourself, only for others all the time. I know you are hurting and sometimes feel discouraged, just like the rest of us do. I know at times you are overwhelmed at all the pain and suffering in this world, and you want to do more for everyone--leaving yourself out of healing and rest. You have to start taking care of Karen too honey. You need rest and healing too! Sometimes you just have to stop for a while and allow God to help you. I love you honey and don't want you sicker, I want you well!! Completely well, pain free!! I want to see you smile and hear that precious Texas Accent of yours singing praises to our Lord! I love you my sister, with all my heart and soul. You are the most beautiful Jewel in my Crown that God will hand to me one day. Thank you for your love, thank you for your healing, soothing words of comfort, and thank you for always being there for me. I love you.

Sherry...xoxo
blueheartblank-vi.jpg
blueheartblank-vi.jpg (15.54 KiB) Viewed 5375 times

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:20 pm

Sherry,
This is so beautiful and so heart felt and I can't think of a better person to write it for Karen is a Blessing to so many, always giving of herself and thinking of others, you said it all here sherry, you are a wonderful friend,

God Bless you Love Eva

imfallingleaf
Platinum Member

Post by imfallingleaf » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Sweet Chee Chee! How precious you are too honey! You are also my sister, and I love you very much. Thank you for reading this poem for Karen. She always asks nothing for herself. Never complains about anything. I had to write this prayer poem for her. It seems like we humans never ask those we ask to pray for us, if they have any needs to be prayed for. I think God wanted me to make this flaw we all seem to have visable to everyone so we all can work on it together. He allowed me to do this by way of this poem. It is something I never thought of much, yet boy oh boy did He ever open my eyes to it in this poem though! I love ya Chee, and if there's anything that you need besides the prayers for Dale, please tell me so I can pray for you, ok? And this also goes for anyone else reading this reply to Chee, let me know of your prayer needs too. Please. Chee, I am so happy you liked this poem, it did come from my heart, every word of it. Karen is very special to me, we share a bond that is unbreakable, a forver sister bond. I am begining to feel I need this poem for her as much as I felt she needed to. This message has to get out to everyone too. God bless you darling and everything you do for you too Chee. You too are very special to me and always will be. I love you honey. xoxo

Sherry

imfallingleaf
Platinum Member

Post by imfallingleaf » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Hey there Eva, my sweet sister. I love you very much too honey. I am so glad you liked Karens prayer poem. She is so precious, so very deserving of every blessing God can heap on her lil self! Just the sound of her precious voice makes me smile, even on very bad days. And she prays the most beautiful of prayers. When Karen prayes for you, you know you've been prayed for!! You know the words weren't just words, they come from her heart which is so big and loving! Yet this beautiful sister of ours is so very humble. She doesn't have a clue how valuable she is to all of us!! She's like a sweet river flowing past us. Giving us 'trees' plenty of water so we will grow deep and have very strong roots in our walk with Jesus. She is so unassuming. She's just so very special to me. Thank you Eva for reading her poem prayer and for leaving such a sweet comment about her. I love you.

Sherry...xo

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Dear Sherry, I hope to see this beautiful poem of yours in a different format in honor of our Karen B. for I have never met anyone as selfless and meek and gentle as this precious "Blossom of the Lord."

Your poem is so loving and tenderly sweet with love oosing out of it's every pore. Karen is blessed to have you as a close friend Sher dear!! Thank you for letting us read this too, for it blessed my heart. -Dawn
Don't let someone's dill pickle make your sweet one, sour! -Happy's Thoughts!

imfallingleaf
Platinum Member

Post by imfallingleaf » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Thank you Dawn. She is well deserving of every blessing God can heap on her. Thank you for your sweet comments too.

Sherry xo

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:15 pm

A most beautiful and caring poem for our dear Karen Sherry. Yes, you have a sister for sure in her as she is always held in HIS heart as a most unselfish servant in all that she does, and yes, she never complains of the burdens that she too has to carry in life. Every verse expresses your feelings and I think I can say those of anyone who knows this very special friend of ours. Your beautiful verses says it so well. I don't know for sure what other format Dawn was speaking of, though I do have a clue. And I would certainly agree with her, maybe as a private video. It would have to be speaking in general for a video for our video site, as I am sure that there are many Karen's out there and also many other folks who can relate to the message. I will leave that up to you and Karen. Thanks for sending the link. God bless.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Helen Herliana
Platinum Member

Post by Helen Herliana » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Dear Sherry, you are a sweet heart to every one. This clearly shows through your emails, your love and your concerns to your friends. Here, you have written a beautiful friendship and prayer poem for a nice lady. Thank you for sharing it with us and I thank God for a beautiful heart that Jesus has given you. It's beautiful because Jesus lives there and His love shines forth...... May God bless you ~ Sherry and Karen!

imfallingleaf
Platinum Member

Post by imfallingleaf » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:14 am

Hey there brother Steve! You are just the sweetest brother. You have a kind, caring, loving heart. The love you have for our Precious Lord and Savior Jesus, is so beautiful and genuine. He's bestowed upon you many wonderful talents Steve. Your poems are so lovely that they touch every heart of every person that reads them. I remember your picture poems you also did for everyone! Never seeking any glory for yourself! Not many people would ever do that, and you footed the bill for it all, never asking for a dime to help you with it! Now you have your website, what a blessing that is to everyone around the entire world Steve! You served your country through a horrible war, fighting to make sure all of us will live free! And though I have lost your picture you sent me of you when you were serving when my last computer crashed, I still recall it vividly!!! And I also remember the other one you use to use of you when I first came to Net Hugs back in '06!! I remember that sweet, kind smile of yours. I love you Steve, my brother in Christ. Thank you so much for the comments you made about my prayer pome for Karen. I too don't and can't figure out what other format Dawn was reffering to, has me puzzled. But as far as the video goes, on my part I would like for Karen to have it as her own to keep. But it is whatever Karen wants to do with it. What ever you both decide is fine with me honey. And I thank you for offering that amazing gift, I know Karen will too. Thank you Steve for all you've ever done for me. I know you aren't well right now and I always lift you up to God and thank Him for your gift of friendship/brotherhood that you extend to me. I will always treasure it with all my heart.

Love always,
Sherry...xo
TH-Nil-346.gif
TH-Nil-346.gif (32.08 KiB) Viewed 5323 times

imfallingleaf
Platinum Member

Post by imfallingleaf » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:36 am

TH-Nil-347.gif
TH-Nil-347.gif (93.59 KiB) Viewed 5317 times
Oh my sweet Helen! You say the sweetest things to me! You make my heart dance with sheer joy in having you as my sister!! You lift me up when I am down, and show me love that I know comes from our Lord and Savior Jesus. You are so kind and gentle to everyone, and caring. The love you have for Jesus shines through in every thing you say and do honey. I am blessed in having you as my sister, and I thank God for you each day. You are so special to me sweetie. I love each and every one of my God given sisters here, and each one is different. Each brings the love that God gives to them and shares it with me, and I hope I with them. Sometimes I feel that I haven't showed enough what they all mean to me. I am at a lost for the right words though! And just when I think my heart is filled with all the love for them and can't hold any more, along comes God to show me just how wrong I was thinking that!! lol It's like my heart has no bottom in it and our Father fills it daily with more and more!! But isn't that how He wants us to love one another? I know that's how He loves us all, and we are to follow in His footsteps, so then we should all love this same way! His love for us all is so overwhelming! Picture it as an aquairum. A big 55 gal one. then think of a goldfish swimming it all alone. You are that goldfish and all that water inside the tank is God's love for you!! That's just how much He loves us all! Each and every one of us. I know because this is what God showed to me back in the early 70's in a wonderful vision He gave me! This very same vision I now give to you Helen, and to all who read this reply to you. God bless you my darling sister, I do so love you!
xo
sherry PROVERBS.jpg
sherry PROVERBS.jpg (21.77 KiB) Viewed 5316 times