recently i posted a copy of the webmasters guidelines. in the lounge area.
not mANY PEOPLE HAVE READ IT.
I am trying to make it fair on everybody but some newer members are still not following the rules.
the webmaster spent some time on these guidelinnes.
and because of flooding and people not putting the name of the author at the bottom of each poem is causing great concern
could ALL MEMBERS PLEASE STICK TO THE GUIDELINES. AS SET.
we want to be fair to all members. new and old.
we want to encourage our new poets. as much as we can
thank you for your help in this matter.
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:03 am Post subject:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM MODERATOR DOUG.
Once in a while It becomes neccersary for us to be reminded of the rules set by the Webmaster.
I have been concerned for the past month that some of these rules are not been addhered to and some post are been buried by flooding.
people may not realise what they are doing. and that is why no warnings have been issued.
please read though the rules again set by our webmaster. so that new and older members alike can participate as part of our family here at net Hugs.
Thank you all for taking note and re reading the guidelines.
G L Y A S D I. Doug.
Forum Rules & Guidelines *
Just so everyone is clear. Here are some rules & guidelines for our forum:
1. Be nice.
[b]2. No flooding. Max 5 new poetry posts per day. Do not reply to poems & stories that are older than 10 days.
3. Only small signatures allowed.
4. If someone request that you not private message them, please respect their wishes.
5. If you did not write the poetry or story, please state the author in your post. If the author is not known, please put Author Unknown.
6. No blank postings or going into your old posts and blanking them out.
7. No deleting. However, you may edit your posts for correction. Please do not ask the webmaster to delete all of your postings. It is not possible.
8. No advertising or shameless self promotion. Links in your profile and signature may only go to personal sites.
9. Be safe. Do not give out your address or phone number to people that you do not trust.
10. Beware of get rich schemes, charity scams, help feed me and my family scams and predators. Never under any circumstances should you give out your credit card or bank information to anyone.
11. Post poetry in their appropriate sections.
12. NetHugs is not a dating site. Please do not make intimate advances to our members.
13. Please keep disputes and arguments private. Do not post them in any of our forums.
14. No links to other poetry sites. It's not in the best interest of our community.
This list may be changed or amended over time. Please adhere by them so that we may all enjoy our stay here. Thank you for your co-operation.
NetHugs Webmaster [/b]