Somebody Is Hurting I Can Feel The Pain! TRUE STORY

Post your stories here.

Moderator: Jeff Guest

Somebody Is Hurting I Can Feel The Pain! TRUE STORY

Postby Doug Holt » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:20 am

Somebody Is Hurting I Can Feel The Pain!

My bestest ever friend is suffering because of poor care and misunderstanding of OCD and Aspergers.
Both are debilitating conditions.

My dearest friend is, in my honest opinion, being neglected and is been subjected to abuse of her
human rights and dignity. The facility and her consultant I know have a case to answer for neglect.

We have proof that Local Resolution has been attempted and I am thinking about getting Justice through The
Government Ombudsman and /or the Justice system. The family are hoping to get her out of the home as soon as possible and have a meeting at the home shortly.

( please pray in this regard )

My friend's family are devoted Christians and love her very much but are unable to care for her at home. They both have health problems and are in their sixties.They are worried that if they complain too much the authorities would not be able to place her as her condition has deteriated so much and also that they may send her back home as they did once before. My friend has cried out for help with some organisations herself but to little avail. My guess is that they ring the office and are fobbed off.

There was one occasion when, much to the anger of the manager and staff, she called the emergency services herself ,as she was so sick as she had been deprived of proper nourishment and left for days in a soiled bed. She was also having a bad panic attack at the time. The staff cancelled the ambulance but when she contacted her parents they phoned and got an ambulance for her. She had bad bed sores which the doctor said should be kept dry but after examination she was sent back to the facilty???

The facility Staff says it is her own choice not to get out of bed. My friend is not capable of doing this without help. She needs ENCOURAGEMENT NOT DISCOURAGEMENT.

WHEN A PERSON IS NOT MAKING RIGHT CHOICES the staff have a responsibility to inform The manager
and her consultant if they think she is at risk.

COMMON SENSE IS NOT BEING USED.

The staff are given rules by the manager and are afraid of breaking them. If she does not get her feet on the floor in 15 minutes they go off and leave her for one and a half hours and if she does not start getting up by 6.45 PM she has to stay in bed till at least 9.30am even if the bed is soiled. This facilty is been paid a lot of money for her care.

My friend has her own rules with aspergers and OCD and finds any change in her routine very difficult.
She feels she is been punished for bad behavior.

THIS IS NOT A BEHAVIOURAL PROBLEM. The manager and her consultant keep changing the rules to suit staffing needs but my friend's needs are not being being met as a first priority, FIRST AND FOREMOST.

Naturaly her parents are very worried and are in touch by phone with the home almost every single day, and often by email too. Myself as a best friend cannot sit back and do nothing anymore. I am in touch with my friends daily.

It is most difficult at times because the situation is now that she rarely sees daylight and because she is doubly incontinent, sometimes she is left In a soiled bed. The staff refuse to let her have a shower after 7pm.
THIS IN ITSELF IS ABUSE OF HER HUMAN RIGHTS
A couple of days ago her parents told them that her brother and sister in law would travel to see her and would they please ensure that the person going to assist rebecca was an understanding one..
On arrival her sister in law had to dress her and get her ready to go downstairs for breakfast. The excuse was that their were only two lady staff on duty. They tried to get her up but neither off them know how to help her.
Another case of the facility getting government funding under false pretences as my friend's needs are not been met.

GRRRRRRR this makes me so angry.

I TRY TO SUPPORT THE WHOLE FAMILY. I pray constantly about this tragic situation.
I HAVE GIVEN IT TO GOD BUT WILL NOT REST UNLESS I SEE JUSTICE DONE.
It Is easier to get justice for animal cruelty where people are fined or jailed for abuse.
Child abuse and abuse of the elderly are also given priority. We want justice for a 22 year old intelligent young lady who has to live with two illnesses

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO.

MY BIBLE READINGS FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS WILL BE BASED ON TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST, BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

I am asking for urgent prayers be lifted up for the whole family in this matter to go along with worlwide prayers on dear Karen's Joy in the Morning Ministries. Please comment if you can as I would like to forward this open letter to the Authorities later on when the family, whom I have grown to love as part of my family, are ready to give their permission .
Thank You.

This TRUE story was inspired by Our Lord. WE VALUE ANY COMMENTS, Or help from Doctors Or Lawyers.

PLEASE PASS THIS PLEA ON

Your Brother In The Lords Name
Douglas S Holt.

P S prayers are been answered as we read this

Affirmative action Is now in place
Prayers ARE BEEN ANSWERED

We Need More and regular updates will be posted

thanks for all support of this sad situation

Doug
Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt
Doug Holt
Diamond Member

Re: Somebody Is Hurting I Can Feel The Pain! TRUE STORY

Postby Jeff Guest » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:40 am

This makes me so very sad brother Doug, we must all pray for this situation & do what ever you need us to do so we can help, please keep us informed as of what you guys need, God Bless.
"For God’s mercy reaches unto the heavens, and His truth unto the clouds" (Psalm 57:10, NKJV).
Jeff Guest

Postby poet1108 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:55 am

Yes, Doug, when somebody is hurting, we can feel their pain especially if they are very close to us.....It hurts me to see the inhumanity being done by the staff as if they truly do not care.....and maybe it is not caring, it is just that they do not have the proper knowledge to fully understand behavioral health problems.....you have my prayers for yourself as well as for your dearest friend and her family....God's blessings on all of you.......KayD
Last edited by poet1108 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poet1108--Kay A Davis
poet1108
Platinum Member

Postby Pokey's Heart » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:11 am

We will for sure continue to keep this situation in prayer. I don't know what the answer is, even tho it seems so simple. Staff the facility with enough caring, qualified people. Perhaps we should pray for someone on the outside to come forth to care for her. God's will be done. I know she has a wonderful mind, she has written such beautiful poetry, and it is breaking my heart to know she is being treated worse than an animal. Yes, I am angry. Encouragement and love is what she needs. It's what we all need. It's not like you folks are not being paid for your "services" too. Exposure is what needs to happen so many more will be outraged at the degree of care that is being given! You all are being paid for just leaving a person in a soiled bed???? God have mercy on your misguided souls! If you are ever in this position, the way you are treating this soul will come back to haunt you. And it should. I would love to believe there is ONE soul there who KNOWS the injustice of this circumstance and steps up to the plate, and does what is right.
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13
Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Postby Doug Holt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:20 am

newsflash

mY dEAR fRIEND DID SOME RESEARCH ON HER COMPUTOR CELL PHONE

AND FORWARDED THIS TO HER MOTHER.

Subject: Help for carers to choose care homes - Carers Direct - NHS Choices

http://www.nhs.uk/carersdirect/guide/pr ... homes.aspx

Sent from my HTC

A MEETING WILL BE HELD ON FRIDAY

AMD HER MOTHER WILL GO ARMED WITH THIS INFORMATION

WHICH PROVES WITHOUT A DOUBT

NEGLECT.

PLEASE PRAY THAT THE MEETING GOES WELL

DOUG.
Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt
Doug Holt
Diamond Member

Postby poet1108 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:42 am

Doug: Our prayers will continue for all of you and pray that God's will best be done in resolving your dearest friends' situation..... blessings on you for sharing....yes, it is most difficult to watch someone especially that you love and care about be hurt.......KayD
Last edited by poet1108 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poet1108--Kay A Davis
poet1108
Platinum Member

Postby Pokey's Heart » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:03 am

God bless you for always bringing this matter to the Lord and us to lift up to Him on her behalf, Doug. this situation is and will remain in our prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated.
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13
Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Postby condorfromtheandes » Thu May 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Oh, my dear friend and brother in the Lord, Doug!!
This kind of news has broken my heart as I read it at this moment.
As I hardly get to the computer, I haven't seen it before.
Please, forward me a private message or email, when an urgent prayer request is needed.
I always pray for the ones in need!!
Oh, God!! This is a very special situation, and I am very sad to know about what is happening
to your dear friend, Rebecca. I am definetely praying for God's intervention in your friend's life.
Please, let us know the updates what is going on with her.
I know there are dreadful and horrible abuses to the elderly, disabled children,
and sick patients of all ages in health care facilities. We need God to intervene in situations like this.
We certainly need prayers worldwide. We should always say what is wrong, so that people may help...
We should call Prayer Warriors Worldwide!!
God bless you, Doug, and those you love!!
Prayers on the way,
Monica.
Condorfromtheandes.
condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Return to Stories