Bible Readings

Post your prayers and prayer requests here.
KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Re: Bible Readings

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Thank you so much Eva for replying to every service and helping with it too! :D

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:43 pm

WELCOME TO
WITH JOY IN THE MORNING MINISTRIES

FOCUS DAY TWO OF TWO: GOD KNOWS

OPENING HYMN:

From Karen:

Good Morning! I hope that you have had a good week. It has really gone by. It is going to be Christmas quicker than we can imagine. This is part two of "God knows", our focus for this week. Since we are joint heirs with Jesus, don't we have the ability to do a lot more than we think?

We are going to explore our theme more today, so come along with us as we see what God's wisdom from the Holy Spirit teaches us.

Here is our opening hymn. I just love it and I hope that you will, too. The name of it is "HE KNOWS MY NAME". It is sung by Maranatha Singers. Let us be thankful and glad that our God knows our names!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXsiWoyjw60

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

He said to them, “You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts. What people value highly is detestable in God’s sight. Luke 16:15 (NIV)

He knows the secrets of the heart. Psalm 44:21b

Where then does wisdom come from? Where does understanding dwell? It is hidden from the eyes of every living thing, concealed even from the birds in the sky. Destruction and Death say, “Only a rumor of it has reached our ears.” God understands the way to it and he alone knows where it dwells, for he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens. Job 28:20-24

“Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the Lord is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed.” 1 Samuel 2:3 (NIV)

God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. Acts 15:8 (NIV)

HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘When God Has Another Plan’ by the Greenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg2a5-XtqHE

MESSAGE FROM MICHAEL & KAREN BUNKER:

Michael and I were talking about how opposite man or woman’s ideas of wisdom, success and intelligence are, compared to God's ideas. We are so impressed by the looks of a man or woman that in our eyes, that is all we seem to see. Good looks are NOT what makes the man or woman. It is the heart that makes him who and what he or she is. Sometimes good looks can be a curse, because he or she just doesn't know how to handle it. They think they can get by on nothing but that.

In Matthew, Chapter 18, Jesus is asked by the disciples: “At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, “Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.”” Matthew 18:1–6 (KJV)

Don't you think that the disciples were surprised at that answer? That is NOT the way that man would look at this. Man would expect the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven to be someone like… well, say, Billy Graham. Billy Graham is an incredible servant of the Lord, who is both humble and very truthful and worthy. I am sure that God really loves Billy Graham for his dedication and service to God, the Father. But, it was a "little child" that he used as the example of who would be greatest.

Children have faith, they have trust in those who love them. They don't have to ask a million questions and they have unconditional love, like that of Jesus. We, as adults, look upon all the wrong things when trying to determine who is great. What kind of a job does he or she have? What kind of house does he or she live in? How much does he or she share his or her prosperity with the needy? How often does he or she give God credit for the blessings in his or her life? What does he or she look like? How do people respond to him or her as a person?

Jesus reminds the disciples again in verses 10 & 11, to “take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, that in Heaven, their angels do always, behold the face of my Father which is in Heaven. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.”

The words of Jesus are so far from our own. He teaches us what "HE KNOWS.” In fact, in 1 John, chapter 2, the church is addressed by the words "Little Children". In the eyes of God, WE ARE HIS LITTLE CHILDREN. Verse 18 says this: "Little children, it is the last time: and as we have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.”

And this is a verse that really tells us the TRUTH: In 1 John, Chapter 2: “But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” 1 John 2:27

We are God's Little Children, and just as we TRY to teach our children, THE HOLY SPIRIT (who IS the anointing in each of us) will teach us all things that we need to know in order to be what God wants us to be. What a wonderful thing to know. We don't have to be anyone else, just who we are, and GOD KNOWS just how to teach us what to do and what to say, as it is needed.

PRAISE GOD FOR WE ARE SO BLESSED!!

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘O God You Search Me and You Know Me’ by Bernadette Farrell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37IN_Y3OPaM

LET US PRAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

Dear Lord and Heavenly Father,
My faith is strong, but my body is weak.
You are a compassionate Lord, who knows us all,
Always ready to pick us up when we fall.

You tell us to be still and be quiet for a while,
I have to trust and obey,
You Lord Jesus command,
I know you are with me, with your out-stretched hand.

"COME TO ME ALL WHO ARE BURDENED AND HEAVY LADEN AND I WLL GIVE YOU REST."

THANK YOU LORD JESUS,
FOR HEARING MY PLEA.
I FEEL IT IN MY HEART,
JESUS LOVES ME.

With love in Jesus’ Name, AMEN.

By Doug Holt, 4th September, 2012

PRAYER REQUESTS & ANSWERED PRAYER:

From Christine:

Please pray for Doug, who is not well and waiting for an operation.

Please pray for our daughter Gillian, her husband Tom, and daughter Bethany. Bethany is being bullied at school, and Gillian and Tom were hoping to move her to another local school, but there were no places available. Gillian is finding it very hard and she is not sleeping much. Please also pray for others who are suffering from bullying.

Please pray for a friend of ours whose granddaughter is ill in hospital suffering from anorexia and for all those affected by this, and other similar disorders.

IN CLOSING:

From Karen:

It has been a great time that we have shared. I would like to thank my husband, Michael, who worked with me on today's message. We thank our God for His wonderful Word.

In closing, we would like to share this final passage with you from book of Psalms in the Holy Bible. Again, thanks for coming and may God bless you all. PLEASE DONT FORGET TO PRAISE THE LORD!!

God knows all as told by the Psalmist below:

The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect. The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance. The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men. From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth. He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their works. There is no king saved by the multitude of a host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength. A horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength. Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee. Psalm 33:10-22

Karen, Michael, Doug, Rachel, Christine, Rebecca, Gillian, and Eva

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Rachel: I hope you enjoy this incredibly appropriate presentation from Eva Dimel and Steve Politte!

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/godknows.htm

EDITED BY:

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:49 pm

WELCOME TO

WELCOME

From Karen: It is the Lord's Day… take time to lift up his mighty name. It is almost time to celebrate his birthday again!!! Today is December 2nd, 2012… it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

PRAISE GOD FOR HIS WONDERFUL BLESSINGS. I am finding out more and more all the time how God answers our prayers before we even get the chance to ask! This wonderful Ministry Team has much to be thankful for today.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Doug: ‘There is None Like You’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwlthgMZl9Y

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Doug: God answers prayers, if we believe!

From the Book of James:

But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. James 1:6 (NIV)

Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind. James 1:6 (AMP)

But let him ask in faith, nothing WAvering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. James 1:6 (KJV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Karen: Let us lift up our voices together in song and in praise, because of all the good things that God sends our way every day. Here is a wonderful praise hymn called ‘Praise You in the Storm’ by Casting Crowns. I love this song! Please raise up holy hands and sing with us! May God receive all the glory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUWbmtbzDno

MESSAGE FROM KAREN:

Before our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ, left this world that HE HIMSELF REDEEMED, (for those who wanted it), He left us a very important mission. This assignment is known as the GREAT COMMISSION. That should be the single most important job that we do daily. He told us to Love each other as we loved ourselves and like Jesus loves the Church. And then, He left us this very important work. Do you take this as seriously as you should? DO I???? THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

Jesus said:

‘All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen’ Matthew 28:18 – 20

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A REQUEST TO YOU? JESUS EVEN SAYS FOR THEM TO TEACH OTHERS TO OBSERVE WHATSOEVER HE HAD COMMANDED OF THEM.

We all know that our time is short in this world. Each day the world is becoming more and more evil. Don't allow yourself to get caught up in the WORLD. This WORLD can send you to Hell. Choose instead to follow the King of kings and Lord of lords, and you will never regret making the RIGHT decision.

Remember what Jesus told us all in John Chapter 3, verse 17 that God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved? He also said in John 14:6: ‘I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh to the Father, but by me.’

We have been studying what "God Knows" this week. Our beloved Savior has taught us all things through the Holy Spirit, and He still will, if we will take the time to spend with Him in study and in prayer. We need to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ every day with someone who has never met Him. Time is growing short. The Holy Spirit will put the words in your mouths and teach you what to say. You can't MAKE people believe in Jesus, but everyone deserves a chance. If they turn their backs and walk away, it is NOT your fault. It is they who will be condemning themselves to Hell!!!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

From Karen: I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE GOOD TO HAVE A THOUGHT FOR THE DAY. HERE IS THE ONE I HAVE CHOSEN FOR TODAY:

“I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains, hope that doesn’t ever end, even when the sky is falling. I’ve seen miracles just happen, silent prayers get answered, broken hearts become brand new — That’s what faith can do” Kutless (American Christian Band from Portland, Oregon)

This came from the website below: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com ... z2DpEjsfsz

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel: This is a great poem about Christmas!

What Christmas Means to Me
When I was much younger, carefree and wild,
Just being myself like any other child;
There were many things I looked forward to,
For the things I could get, and the things I could do;
And Christmas was all about tinsel and toys,
And candy and presents for the girls and boys;
It was sledding and sleigh rides and snowball fights,
And singing carols, and flickering lights;
A season of joy filled with laughter and glee,
And decorating the most beautiful tree;
But as I grew older, more mature and wise,
Slowly I began to realize;
That Christmas is more than just a season,
It has a purpose, a meaning, and reason;
I learned that Christmas is not about me,
Nor finding presents under a tree;
It’s about how God has dealt with our sin,
By coming to Earth to dwell among men;
It’s all about Him, God’s gift to mankind,
The greatest gift we could ever find;
Christmas is all about Jesus our Lord,
Who gave us a gift that no man could afford;
The babe to whom the angels did sing,
Is Christ our Savior, our Lord and our King.

© 2012 Arvil Jones

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Doug: ‘Thank You Lord’ by Don Moen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRY28Akg ... re=related

LET US PRAY:

From Doug:

Dear Lord and Heavenly Father, we come to You with praise and thanksgiving. Allow us to BE STILL with You Lord, while You speak to us through the Bible, through music, or through testimony. Open our eyes, our ears, our mouths, and our hearts. We think of all who are sick, Lord; we ask that You bless them, and all who look after them. We ask these things in Thy Holy Name, Amen.

PRAYER REQUESTS:

From Karen:

The lady I asked you to pray for, Mrs. Kathy Strickland, came through her surgery just fine yesterday and I have heard that she is resting comfortably at this time. The surgery was not done with regard to her cancer problem but was very painful and will continue to be for several weeks. Please continue to pray for her total and complete healing.

Please also pray for rain here in the USA, it is getting to be a critical situation. And, remember our military personnel! This is a difficult time for our country, our world and God's people, Israel… PRAY WITHOUT CEASING. OUR HOPE IS IN JESUS CHRIST.

IN CLOSING:

From Karen: I want to praise the Lord for all those that serve on Doug's Team, for allowing me to be a small part of what they do here. They do a wonderful job and I am so thankful to have had the privilege of working with them.

God bless you all today and PLEASE… DON'T FORGET TO PRAISE THE LORD!!

Karen, Doug, Rachel, Christine, Rebecca, Gillian, and Eva

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Rachel: Another wonderful presentation from Linda Laybolt! ‘Praise The Lord, Your God!’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXS4lL5H ... e=youtu.be

EDITED BY:

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:35 pm

Brother Doug.,
I never have been so blessed like I have this day by reading and seeing all on this page of writing.
This is such blesssing to me to read all in here. And the videos as well too.
I thank each and everyone here that added their touch of beautiful blessed words here in your ministry.
I loved all the you tubes and videos as well too.
May the peace and grace of the Lord be with you all here in the forum.
May Christ always live in me and my heart too.
GLYASDI
B.J.

condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Post by condorfromtheandes » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Hello, my dear friend and brother in the Lord, Doug, :D
I agree with B.J. I am so very blessed to have met you, as well as all our
Net Hugs friends.
The proficiency, yet the power of your words and messages are surely
a touch from Heaven. I love your videos, poems, words of wisdom and
the Bible Readings as a whole food for thoughts.
I am enriched by such wisdom. Net Hugs surrounds me with the power
of its majestic writings and poetry.
I am so very blessed to be part of Net Hugs.
What else should I say to express my true feelings!
This is an awesome place, and I belong here, my dear friend, Doug.
Thank you for keeping in touch with me!
God's richest blessings may always abound in your life, Doug!
In the Lord's Vineyard,
Ms. Monica. :D
Condorfromtheandes.

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:20 pm

And so it is, that message given to us was to go forth to teach all nations and to baptize all people in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Spirit. Yes, it was a command given not only to the disciples of Jesus, but to each of us, and in these times and days, it is also quite a challenge. And the most wonderful thing is this: we do that however God has gifted us, steadfast in prayer, and using the talents, the gifts, our time, and our treasure, however we are able, as God permits and guide us in that capacity, to in effect, share the gospel message. I have so enjoyed all of the prayers, the poems, the videos, the insights, the wisdom, and knowledge - as a child of God, blessings coming forth from these pages. Perhaps I will go back and get Arvil's poem and use it as a video before Christmas comes. I thank each of you for the gift of self that went into today's service, and pray that many from beyond the walls of this website, be as blessed as I have been. We often hear the words ring out from scripture that we should share the gospel message that Jesus taught, and still yet teaches through us today. I have a question for each of you. In your own particular situation, what do you say that gospel message is that you are called to share? I wonder how many different responses we might get? Would they all be the same? Would they be different? Does it make any difference? GLYASDI
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:19 pm

I Loved the messages, I really Love comming here knowing I will always leave feeling Blessed!
Thank You All so Much for Sharing Gods Love with everyone!
God Bless You Love Eva
Last edited by Hope on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:22 pm

My Dear Friend/BrotherDoug; Now I got this one today, on the day it should arrive...lol....Love You Websites ! I also have one, called, 'Shirleyshawsmeaningwithapurposeministry", but I think it got hacked, so am trying to reset it up again...So Loved All of these writes, etc. Thank You so much, glad that You liked one of my posting enough to use it on Your Website, and UR always welcome to use any, that You like !~! I am Honored, when You do ! Have been thinking@You, and Praying for You; hoping that UR doing Much Better...Love You Too, Your Friend/Sis in The Lord, Pastor/teacher/author Shirley ann shaw~~~~ :D

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS DAY ONE OF TWO: MY HELP COMES FROM THE LORD

WELCOME

From Rachel: Welcome to today’s service. We invite you to join with us in learning more about God, and pray that this service will be a blessing to you.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘In Christ Alone/ The Solid Rock’ I hope you enjoy this uplifting song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7GaeztI98c

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I look in triumph on my enemies. Psalm 118:5-7

“There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides across the heavens to help you and on the clouds in his majesty. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, ‘Destroy them!’” Deuteronomy 33:26-27

“As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You make your saving help my shield; your help has made me great. You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way.” 2 Samuel 22:31-37

HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘I Will Lift My Eyes’ by Bebo Norman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te0hy2YcLgg

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

Our theme today was inspired by Doug’s prayer poem and Psalm 121. As you can see, Doug is going through a difficult time, but he knows that his help comes from the Lord. Many of us are going through difficult times, but we must remember that God is our helper and that he never leaves us even when it feels like he is far away.

God uses others to help us, and we have often found that at just the time we were really struggling, someone will call in or phone us, and it makes all the difference. We need to see God’s provision in these things.

Sometimes God will speak to us through the reading of the Bible and we will read just the message we need. Sometimes he just whispers to our hearts. Beautiful Christian music is another means God uses to calm our spirits.

Remember- God is our strength and help!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel: "When you have no helpers, see your helpers in God. When you have many helpers, see God in all your helpers. When you have nothing but God, see all in God. When you have everything, see God in everything. Under all conditions, stay thy heart only on the Lord." Charles H. Spurgeon, 19th century English preacher

The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: "This is the Day" sung at the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, in the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWPvh3_v3tg

LET US PRAY:

From Doug:

Lord, let me look forward, beyond the pain,
I need your strength, now more than ever.
As promised, my Faith in you will always remain,
Your unconditional love is with me, now and forever.

My health is not good, this you know to be true,
Dear Lord, only you know when my time is near.
I have so much to do yet, to spread Your Word for you,
I need your strength to continue, so others will hear.

Depression takes hold of me, when I feel so low,
Help me Dear Lord, to look beyond the pain.
Humbly, my heartfelt prayers to you flow,
To be strong and healthy, to serve you, once again.

From Your Obedient Servant
In YOUR Time Lord, Not Mine

Doug Holt, December 2012

From Christine: Please pray again for our daughter Gillian, her husband Tom and their daughter, Bethany. Bethany is still being bullied and they are considering home schooling for the rest of this school year. Please also pray for all who are sick or finding life a struggle.

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: We are so happy that you could join with us today, and thank you very much for reading and listening to today’s message!

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Doug: ‘Psalm 121’ set to music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8jbBT1MSR4&NR=1

EDITED BY:

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:23 am

Thank You for Blessing my day again! God is so good and I am so Grateful to Him for everything!
God Bless This Ministry
Love Eva

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 pm

WELCOME TO

FOCUS DAY TWO OF TWO: MY HELP COMES FROM THE LORD

WELCOME

From Rachel: Good morning and welcome to today’s service! We hope you will join with us to continue to learn about the ways God helps us every day.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Faithful One’ sung by Robin Mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxviwvjyg1w

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

“How you have helped the powerless! How you have saved the arm that is feeble!” Job 26:2 (NIV)

For you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me. Psalm 86:17b (NIV)

I was pushed back and about to fall, but the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. Psalm 118:13-14 (NIV)

“He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.” 2 Samuel 22:17-20

“And when they cried out to you again, you heard from heaven, and in your compassion you delivered them time after time.” Nehemiah 9:28b (NIV)

PRAISE HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Through It All’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23KZ4wnJg88

MESSAGE FROM KAREN:

What is the first thing you do when you have a problem? As a Christian, you should take it to God in prayer. We can take anything to Him and He will listen and counsel with us. We need not fear to ask for His help.

As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. Psalm 55:16-17 (KJV)

Notice in this Psalm that faith is shown in what they are praying about. Also note that both these verses use the word SHALL. When this word is used, it is your assurance that it is GOING to happen.

Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22 (KJV)

Do you see the positives in seeking God's answers to your problems? In just these few scriptures, it says several things that were asked in faith SHALL be answered. The Lord SHALL save me, He SHALL hear my voice, and He SHALL sustain me.

When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me. In God will I praise his word: in the Lord will I praise his word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living? Psalm 56:9-13

The Psalmist learned that: his enemies will turn back, he will praise God's word (because it is true), he will not fear man because he will trust God, God's vows are upon him, and God has delivered him from death.

God is always with us in everything. Call upon His name and your prayers will be answered. TRUST IN THE LORD AND HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Karen:

When Satan reminds us of our past, we should remind him of his future.

- Author Unknown

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

So many times Lord, you have lifted me up to carry me
For the road of life can be very winding and long
So many obstacles along the way
Always walking beside me, giving strength to move on.

Day after day, we travel together
Through the blistering sun and the pouring rain
Many road stones to stumble over, making me fall down
Constantly picking me up, forever taking away all of my pain.

Searching for what, I do not know
Following a different path, every now and then
Leading us to unknown places and sites, that we have never been
Sometimes, stopping for a short time, and then off we go again.

I am not sure how long this journey will take us
Many trials and tribulations, we will face along the way
I will not abandon you, as you would never leave me
Your timeless love, helps me get through each and every day.

My friend forever, with me you always will be
Walking beside me, together as we roam
Someday soon, this road, we will no longer walk
For at the end of it is our destination, our beautiful, heavenly home.

Written By Linda J Laybolt, Nov 21, 2011

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘What a Friend We Have in Jesus’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SCorW9r_Is

LET US PRAY:

Chosen by Christine:

I look at myself God and I am so weak,
but you are so strong for me,
You have always been there to pick me up,
when life’s storms brings me to my knees.
You’re the strength that I need to get through each day,
and the rest that I need each night,
You’re the hope that keeps me going,
and the comfort I need for every tear that I cry.
You’re the joy that fills my soul,
and the happiness that some days never ends,
You’re the reason that I can always look up,
for you are where I begin.
My God you are my everything,
there is so much for me that you do,
You’re the peace in my soul and the love in my heart,
I’m so blessed because I belong to you.

Written By Eva Dimel, Inspired By God, 2006

PRAYER REQUESTS:

From Christine: Our Gillian asks prayer for her friend Megan who is tempted to self-harm and her friend Ashley who is feeling suicidal. Please also pray for the many others who are feeling depressed at this time.

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: Thank you so much for joining with us again today. We pray that you will have felt God’s presence with you as you have read and listened to God’s amazing promises to us.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘The Power of Prayer’ by Doug Holt and Steve Politte.

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/thepowerofprayer.htm

EDITED BY:

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Thank You for Blessing my day again. God is so good and I am so grateful to even be a small part of this wonderful Ministry!
God Bless You All
Love Eva

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:48 pm

WELCOME TO

WELCOME

From Karen: Good Morning and Welcome to our Sunday PRAYER, PRAISE AND POETRY SERVICE. We welcome all of you who have come to share this day with us. As the days before Christmas are passing so quickly now, most people are focused on the gifts that are yet to be discovered, the huge celebration meal and the other things of this world. DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THE WORLD. Join with us as we celebrate THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL, JESUS CHRIST; AND FOCUS ON HIM BEING THE REASON FOR THE SEASON.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘It Came upon a Midnight Clear’ sung by Kutless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaxB0xEbO0c

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

“Indeed, beginning with Samuel, all the prophets who have spoken have foretold these days. And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, ‘Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.’” Acts 3:24-25

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety. This is the name by which he will be called: The Lord Our Righteous Savior. Jeremiah 23:5-6 (NIV)

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14 (NIV)

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this. Isaiah 9:6-7 (NIV)

HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Come thou long expected Jesus’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pabx6towKE

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

As you can see from the Bible readings chosen by Rachel, the coming of Jesus was foretold many years previously by the prophets and recorded for us in the Old Testament.

The first reference to the coming of Jesus was in the beginning of Genesis when Jesus crushes the head of the serpent, the devil.

“And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.” Genesis 3:15 (NIV)

Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.” Genesis 22:17b-18 (NIV)

When God tells Abraham that all the earth will be blessed, he is referring to Jesus. He came to put us right with God. His sacrifice was the only way that God could forgive our sins as God is holy and perfect and can not look on our sins except through the blood of Jesus, the only perfect sacrifice.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

Chosen by Rachel:

"Immanuel, God with us in our nature, in our sorrow, in our lifework, in our punishment, in our grave, and now with us, or rather we with Him, in resurrection, ascension, triumph, and Second Advent splendor."

Charles H. Spurgeon

POETRY:

FROM THE MANGER TO GOLGOTHA

Such a tiny little baby from His home so far away,
His destiny already decided, His Father leaned down to say,
“My Son, we have no choice, but to turn this around for them.
And You are the only One to do it, for You alone can carry their sin”.

God took this child from Heaven and placed Him in a soft, sweet bed to grow,
Inside His mother Mary, until it was time for all to know,
That the Word had been sent down, to fulfil the prophesy,
For He was the Messiah, the One who would die on Calvary.

On the cold dark morning 2000 years ago, a young woman was in pain,
Her husband went from place to place, hoping to find shelter and rest to claim.
Finally, a kindly innkeeper, whose heart felt the Father’s call, said,
“I don’t have much to offer you, but there is soft hay in my stall”.

Joseph and Mary thanked God above and the Innkeeper they thanked, too.
At last, Mary could rest a while, before the hard part of the night came through.
Soon a soft little voice cried out and all the world could see the light,
For this baby boy was the King of the World, and everything changed that night.

There was danger at every turn as there were evil ones that would gladly destroy.
But Joseph took his wife and always protected God’s precious baby boy.
And through the years Jesus Christ became known as a miracle worker and King.
But, they took Jesus to Cesar because he was hated and Jesus never said a thing.

His mother Mary watched in disbelief as they took her Son away.
They beat him and placed a thorny crown on his brow for this was the day,
When she would watch her Son as He bled and died for each person in the crowd.
She wondered why it was He who had to go, and then she heard him say out loud,

“Father why hast thou forsaken me?” he cried out so alone in his anguish and pain.
The hours passed so slowly and Mary’s thoughts went back to the night He came.
On that night He was born, she knew it was His destiny to suffer and die.
As she clung to His feet, He said, “It is finished” and tears fell from Mary’s eyes.

From a manger to Golgotha,
This man gave His all for me.
Jesus Christ, was sent to take my place,
And now I am forever free.

He died this death and He made the way
That we can live eternally.
From a manger to Golgotha
Each drop of blood He shed for me.

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

Written by Karen Bunker © December 4, 2012
Inspired by Karen Kelley

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘O Come, O Come Emmanuel’ sung by Selah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULfmzfo8VaU

LET US PRAY:

From Christine: We thank You Lord that You loved us so much that You died to save us from our sins. We thank You in this Christmas season that we can be reminded again of all You have done for us.

We pray Lord for all who are unwell, lonely or sick, that You would be their comforter. We pray too for all who are afraid, hungry or worried and for those suffering from depression or anxiety. You know and understand.

Help us to help those who are in need in any way and forgive us when we do not think enough about the needs of others,

In your name we pray, Amen.

PRAYER REQUESTS:

From Karen: In our newspapers today in the US (and in the UK), there was such a sad story about the young wife of Prince William, Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge. She and others in the royal family became the victims of a very cruel stunt by two Australian radio hosts who managed to get private information about Kate's pregnancy by tricking an innocent nurse assigned to Kate's case that they were the Queen and Prince Charles. They called the hospital on the telephone and were able to get private information from the nurse.

This was a terrible thing to happen to the royal family. But, the real victim of this travesty was the nurse who received the call, who was found dead on Friday, the victim of an apparent suicide. This is such a terrible thing to have happened. And I am sure that Prince William and Kate are both very upset about this as well. I guess it seemed innocent enough at the time the radio hosts decided to pull such a stunt. But, look at the ramifications. Who knows what else will happen as a result of such an inconsiderate act. Please pray for the family of the nurse and also Prince William and his wife. Pray, too, for these two radio hosts who made such an awful mistake, whom have been suspended from their jobs. Pray that God will show them the way out of the horrible guilt that they, too, must feel at this time.

Human beings (myself included) need to be more conscious of what tragedy can come as the result of an inconsiderate act.

THE WAY OF THE LORD IS STRENGTH TO THE UPRIGHT: BUT DESTRUCTION SHALL BE TO THE WORKERS OF INIQUITY. PROVERBS 10:29

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: We hope you have enjoyed today’s service and will continue to join with us in the coming weeks as we explore the events leading up to our Saviour’s birth!

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Rachel: The True Meaning Of Christmas by B.J. Morbitzer and Steve Politte.

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/thetrueme ... istmas.htm

EDITED BY:

Doug Holt
Diamond Member

Post by Doug Holt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:13 pm

T HANKS

H E IS LORD

A MAZING LOVE

N EVER DOES HE FAIL US

K NOW THAT HE IS GOD

S AVIOR

LOVE IN HIS PRECIOUS NAME

Doug
Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt

KaiserFranzGirl
Registered Member

Post by KaiserFranzGirl » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:02 pm

WELCOME TO

CHRISTMAS FOCUS: THE ANNUNCIATION

WELCOME

Welcome! We are so pleased that you are joining with us in learning about how Christmas came to be! Today we will look at how Mary came to be pregnant with the baby Jesus.

OPENING HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Gabriel's Message’ sung by Hayley Westenra. I made this video myself as I couldn’t find this song with lyrics on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fkSt76J ... e=youtu.be

BIBLE READINGS:

Chosen by Rachel:

In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.” Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.” “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?” The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. For no word from God will ever fail.” “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. Luke 1:26-38

This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” All this took place to fulfil what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”). Matthew 1:18-23

HYMN:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Mary Did You Know’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcc94dHZ_Ts

MESSAGE FROM CHRISTINE:

As we begin to consider together the great significance of Christmas, we are thinking today of when the angel Gabriel came to tell Mary that she would have a son who would be the Son of God. We are planning to follow the whole story of Jesus’ birth in these days leading up to Christmas.

This announcement from the angel was amazing good news for us all. Jesus, the Messiah had been promised since the beginning of time and now this promise was being fulfilled. Mary humbly accepted this news and sung a song of praise to God- “The Magnificat” (we have put this on at the end of the service.)

Mary was very young and was aware of the huge responsibility being given her. She was afraid but accepted with faith what the angel had told her. Joseph too was a man of great faith trusting in what God had told him.

She heard that Elizabeth too was having a special baby in her old age. Nothing is impossible with God.

We must praise and thank our God for keeping his promises to us and sending us the one who would save us from our sins.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

“The nativity mystery “conceived from the Holy Spirit and born from the Virgin Mary”, means, that God became human, truly human out of his own grace. The miracle of the existence of Jesus, his “climbing down of God” is: Holy Spirit and Virgin Mary! Here is a human being, the Virgin Mary, and as he comes from God, Jesus comes also from this human being. Born of the Virgin Mary means a human origin for God. Jesus Christ is not only truly God, he is human like every one of us. He is human without limitation. He is not only similar to us, he is like us.”

Karl Barth, Dogmatics in Outline

POETRY:

Chosen by Rachel:

Angels

As a child, I loved the angel topper on the Christmas tree;
The light made her glow as she smiled down on me.
I loved to make angel shapes in the fresh blanket of snow;
Mother told me more about angels, because I wanted to know.

Angels can be messengers, like Gabriel,
Who told Virgin Mary that “All will be well.”
An angel appeared to Joseph in a dream:
That Mary was not unfaithful, as it may seem.

To the shepherds, an angel announced the Savior’s birth;
And with a host of others, sang: “Peace be to earth.”
The angels protected and guarded Jesus, as He grew –
God’s angels watch over you, and care for you too!

Angels can predict the future – but don’t worship them!
They are only servants of those who inherit salvation.
Don’t look down on God’s little ones, or cause them stress –
For their angels are in His presence, and He wants to bless.

The Bible says angels are like the wind: powerful, unseen –
We don’t know where they go, or where they have been.
They are like flames of fire – bringing comfort, and light;
They go before us, and guide us through the dark night.

With faces like lightning, and clothes white as snow;
Or they may appear as men, whom we do not know –
So welcome strangers, and with them share,
For some have entertained angels, unaware.

Marjorie Johnston, November 17, 2009

PRAYER HYMN:

Chosen by Rachel: ‘Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)’ sung by Amy Grant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpOqm-Y0LZ4

LET US PRAY:

From Christine:

Dear Lord, we pray that in these busy days before Christmas we will not lose sight of what it is all about.

We thank you Lord for your love to us shown by the amazing gift of the Saviour we all need. We have all sinned and fallen short of your glory and cannot do anything ourselves to put this right except accept the wonderful gift you have given us.

We thank you that you know all about us and love us so much. Help us to love you more.

We pray for those who are unwell, for those who find it hard to sleep and for all who are finding life hard. We pray that you will give us all your peace.

Amen

From Rachel:

Please continue to pray for my sister, Gillian, her husband Tom, and her daughter, Bethany. Bethany has now left school and Gillian is about to start home-schooling her. Praise God that she has been able to leave the school where she was being bullied and please pray that home-schooling will work out well for them. Pray that they will be able to adjust to their new routine quickly and that the authorities will not cause any problems for them.

IN CLOSING:

From Rachel: We thank you so much for joining with us and hope you have enjoyed our message. May God bless you through the festive season in all that you do.

CLOSING PRESENTATION:

Chosen by Christine: ‘Magnificat - Mary's Song’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4laSBMSdZg

EDITED BY: