THE ROAD AHEAD

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Linner
Diamond Member

THE ROAD AHEAD

Post by Linner » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:10 am

THE ROAD AHEAD

As most of you know by now, I am moving from Kentucky to North Florida. I have had two very ‘life-filled’ years here in Kentucky, and looking back, wouldn’t trade them for anything else. I have an apartment waiting for me in Florida at a place called Advent Christian Village and I’m really looking forward to being there. It’s an ideal place for a person my age, with many amenities that will afford me a varied lifestyle as well as add highlights to the way I have lived for the past seven years since Randy passed.

Next week, Brenda and Phillip will be driving me back to Florida to my new home. I am of very mixed emotions with this move, because leaving Brenda will be hard to do. We will still be friends, of course, but by long distance again. We’ve had some most wonderful times together, and we’ve had some rocky times, too, but the good far outweighs those. What will be hard is that we won’t be five minutes away from each other any more. I don’t think I will say any more about that, because it’s hard to talk about. She and I both know that at this time of life, going to this new place is the wisest decision to make. We plan to spend part of the winters together in Florida, because it’s tough living inside day after day during the coldest times, in weather that isn’t really suited for our health. Also, our “exalted ages” ... our Golden Years ... ain’t all they’re cracked up to be. So, when the winter comes a-knockin’ in Kentucky, Miz Brenda will be a-knockin’ in Florida !! The Good Lord willing !!

Looking back over the past seven years, there has been so much change in my life. I used to be rock solid against change, but when I lost Randy, the illusion I had that I could keep things the same all the time was quite suddenly taken from me. I guess you could say I grew up a great deal with the whirlwind life that followed. I moved five times in five years, and am now involved in the sixth and final move. In between, I’ve seen places, met people, had experiences that lifted me up and pulled me down…caused me to grow and to become very close to my God. I joined NetHugs in December of 2005 and found a home on the internet that is surpassed by no other. The friends I have gained over the years at this wonderful place, I just can’t tell you how much they mean to me. To tell you about how I used to fight change, and now to speak of how life for me is at this time, well, I simply can’t find the fulfilling words to express my feelings of gratefulness to the Lord for His guidance in my life and all of the wonderful gifts of friendship and the many experiences which have opened up for me. My life has truly been blessed !!

So, now I am looking ahead yet again. Anticipating all the new things to come and eager to meet them with arms open wide. My heart is at peace, my soul is intact, my path awaits. I can’t wait to share this new life with all of you. I will be living on the Suwanee River, you see, and still in the country. See how blessed my life continues to be ? I just don’t know how this has come to be, but figure the Lord is pleased with me. I must be doing something right !!

I haven’t been on the internet much in the past month or so, and do apologize for this absence. The upcoming transition has had me off balance. I know that once I am settled in my new home, and everything falls into place and becomes a normal routine, I will be back again with renewed vigor and desire, doing my best to share my heart and soul with all.

God Bless to everyone…Love, Linda !!

Last edited by Linner on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

poet1108
Platinum Member

Re: THE ROAD AHEAD

Post by poet1108 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:17 am

Dear Linner: I feel that many of us at our autumn to winter years of our life if totally being truthful would also agree with you that change is something that can negatively be viewed as being most difficult or that can positively be viewed as being a new adventure. For me in all the changes that I have undergone especially like you having a number of moves in the past few years (I don't even want to count), the good has far outweighed the bad with lots of lessons learned.

Having seen pictures of the setting of your new home and knowing you will be surrounded by many in your age grouping who also share a similar faith and ethics, and with your current attitude, feel deep within my heart, this will be one of the best changes ever. How so ever grateful I am for the technology of communicating across airwaves and will look forward to seeing your computer up and running full force again......singing God-given melodies about the Swanee River and wooded forest! May He be with you and those who are your helpers as you make this change. God's richest blessings rain down on you......our love and prayers, KayD and RogerP
Poet1108--Kay A Davis

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:24 am

Linda,
I am so HAPPY for you I think everyone would love to live in florida where the sun shines all the time! I have missed you being on here and I am looking foward to hearing from you after you get settled in. With your wonderful personality I know everyone will love you and you will be very busy! You just have to remember when Brenda comes down during the winter you two have to be good and stay out of trouble LOL! I know God will be with you He travels everywhere, I wish you the best of everything and I will be praying for you!
God Bless You Always Love You Eva

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Linda, we are so very delighted that God has worked all this out for everyone in His wonderful, majestic way! We're so excited for you, and you've a terrific attitude. May God's traveling grace be with you all on your journey. Take one day at a time, and it will all come together before you know it. We will be praying, as always, for everything. God bless you and your family, and may God's sweet blessings be on Brenda and Phillip too!
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:09 pm

poet1108 wrote:Dear Linner: I feel that many of us at our autumn to winter years of our life if totally being truthful would also agree with you that change is something that can negatively be viewed as being most difficult or that can positively be viewed as being a new adventure. For me in all the changes that I have undergone especially like you having a number of moves in the past few years (I don't even want to count), the good has far outweighed the bad with lots of lessons learned.

Having seen pictures of the setting of your new home and knowing you will be surrounded by many in your age grouping who also share a similar faith and ethics, and with your current attitude, feel deep within my heart, this will be one of the best changes ever. How so ever grateful I am for the technology of communicating across airwaves and will look forward to seeing your computer up and running full force again......singing God-given melodies about the Swanee River and wooded forest! May He be with you and those who are your helpers as you make this change. God's richest blessings rain down on you......our love and prayers, KayD and RogerP
KAY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SUCH A NICE COMMENT. I'LL BE VERY BUSY THE NEXT FEW DAYS, AS PHILLIP WANTS TO GET GOING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I'M TAKING A FEW HOURS TO SPEND ON NETHUGS TODAY BEFORE I REALLY KNUCKLE DOWN AND GET PACKING. I KNOW YOU KNOW HOW ALL OF THIS MOVING FEELS. WHEN I GET TO FLORIDA, AND KNOW I WON'T BE MOVING ANY MORE, IT'S GOING TO FEEL SO DARN GOOD !! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET SETTLED ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO START WANDERING AROUND AND CHECKING THINGS OUT. THAT'S WHEN I'LL REALLY BE GETTING INSPIRED, I FEEL IT IN MY BONES. THE TEMPERATURE THERE IS ALREADY IN THE 80'S, SO IT'S GOING TO BE WARM FOR SURE. WELL...MORE NEWS TO COME IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS !! GOD BLESS YOU AND ROGER...I HOPE HIS BACK IS FEELING BETTER.

I LOVE YOU BOTH...LINNER :wink:

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Hope wrote:Linda,
I am so HAPPY for you I think everyone would love to live in florida where the sun shines all the time! I have missed you being on here and I am looking foward to hearing from you after you get settled in. With your wonderful personality I know everyone will love you and you will be very busy! You just have to remember when Brenda comes down during the winter you two have to be good and stay out of trouble LOL! I know God will be with you He travels everywhere, I wish you the best of everything and I will be praying for you!
God Bless You Always Love You Eva
HI EVA !! OH, THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING HERE !! I KNOW YOU FEEL HAPPINESS FOR ME, AND I LOVE YOU FOR THAT. I HAVE MISSED BEING ON HUGS, AND AM SORRY TO HAVE BEEN ABSENT SO LONG. THAT WILL CHANGE VERY SOON, THOUGH. AS FOR ME AND BRENDA STAYING OUT OF TROUBLE ?? HAH !! WHEN SHE GETS HERE, SHE'S GOING TO WANT TO EXPLORE, CHECK OUT THE SHOPS AND THE AREA, AND I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT WE'LL FIND OURSELVES A PREDICAMENT OR TWO TO WRITE ABOUT...LOL !! WHEN WE'RE TOGETHER, THINGS COME TO US LIKE WE ARE A 'TROUBLE' MAGNET...OR, I COULD SAY WE'RE A 'FUN' MAGNET !! I SURE DO THANK GOD FOR THE PATH HE HAS GIVEN TO ME, AND KNOWING THIS IS ALL GOING ACCORDING TO HIS PLAN, AM NOT WORRIED THAT HE'LL DESERT ME. I RATHER THINK HE WILL BE RIGHT ALONG WITH ME EACH DAY AS WE BOTH EXPLORE TOGETHER !! STAY WELL, AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS, EVA !!

LOVE YOU ALWAYS, LINDA :wink:

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Pokey's Heart wrote:Linda, we are so very delighted that God has worked all this out for everyone in His wonderful, majestic way! We're so excited for you, and you've a terrific attitude. May God's traveling grace be with you all on your journey. Take one day at a time, and it will all come together before you know it. We will be praying, as always, for everything. God bless you and your family, and may God's sweet blessings be on Brenda and Phillip too!
HI, MY DARLING POKERS !! YES, I'LL BE TAKING EACH DAY SLOWLY, GETTING SETTLED AND MY THINGS ARRANGED, PHONE AND INTERNET AND CABLE TURNED ON, GETTING OUTSIDE WITH PATCHES SO THAT WE CAN CHECK OUT THE RIVER FOR THE FIRST TIME !!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, SHADY MOON, FOR COMMENTING HERE...

LOVE ALWAYS AND FOREVER...MOONCHILD !! :wink:

hisheart
Diamond Member

Re: THE ROAD AHEAD ~*~ NEW BEGINNINGS

Post by hisheart » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:55 pm

WELCOME - A PICTURE OF JESUS WITH HIS HAND OUT.  BEAUTIFUL.png
WELCOME - A PICTURE OF JESUS WITH HIS HAND OUT. BEAUTIFUL.png (544.08 KiB) Viewed 4232 times
NEW BEGINNINGS

Thank You, God, for the gift of my Savior,
For, without Him, I'd have no hope at all.
Because He loves me, I have found a new beginning,
And now I know, that He will not let me fall.

Always in the past, I felt there was no where
That I could turn, when I felt defeated and lost.
Then I picked up my BIble, and when I opened the pages,
I once again committed, to His death on the cross.

He died for me and I Praise You, Father, for His sweet love.
Because of Your sacrifice and the great love He showed to me.
Today I know that You are guarding my footsteps,
To a new life right where You want me to be.

I have no fears now, for there is nothing can harm me,
Because of my Savior, who shed His blood, now I'm free!
I am walking in the pathway of the Old Rugged Cross,
And by trusting Him , I'll live with Him eternally.

Thank You, God, for the gift of my Savior.
For, without Him, I'd have no hope at all.
Because He loves me, I have found a new beginning.
And now I know, that He will not let me fall..

Written for my friend, Linda Martin
by Karen Bunker
Praise God for New Beginnings
April 29, 2012
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Aw, Karen...you little Buttercup !! This is such a lovely poem and a wonderful surprise from you !! You personally know of all the "new beginnings" I've had in the past seven years, but this one is very special. This one is what God had in mind for me...that rocky road I was on has come to fruition and Peace waits for me and Patches back in Florida. I guess I was meant to return to my sunny state...lol. I've been there since 1957 and it is home to me. I guess God intended for me to return, but first I had to take my journey away.

We will be leaving this coming Tuesday evening and arriving in Florida on Wednesday, but I don't anticipate that I'll be offline for very long. ( I can hear Shirley now..."where's my Linners ??") LOL !!

Thank you again, dear friend, for such a grand poem...that was very sweet of you to do that for me...

I love you, my sister...Linda :wink:

GOD'S HANDS WITH WATER AND GOLDEN ROSE.gif
GOD'S HANDS WITH WATER AND GOLDEN ROSE.gif (282.01 KiB) Viewed 4226 times

hisheart
Diamond Member

Post by hisheart » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:22 pm

YEPPERS!!! I AM CRYING!!! LOVE YA!

KB
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Wed May 02, 2012 3:31 pm

LINDA, LIFE'S PATH HAS MANY OBSTACLES, WHICH BUILDS CHARACTER AND STRONGER FAITH IN OUR LORD. YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY GIRL AND THE BETTER FOR IT. COUNT ALL OF YOUR EXPERIENCES AS BLESSINGS DEAR FRIEND. MY ENTIRE LIFE HAS BEEN CHANGE AND I ROLLED WITH THE FLOW GIRL AND WAS THE BETTER FOR IT TOO. I HOPE THAT OUR TIME AND FRIENDSHIP HAS CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR LIFE EXPERIENCE AS VALUABLE THAT YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER. I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU NOR THE GREAT TIMES AND LAUGHS WE'VE HAD. WE SURE LEARNED SOME LESSONS TOGETHER TOO. I SHALL MISS YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW. BUT, I WILL BE TRAVELING TO FLORIDA TO SEE YOU OFTEN. GOD LOVE YOU AND I LOVE YOU TOO. I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL YOU TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER TO LEAVE YOU THIS MESSAGE, YOU CAN READ IT IN FLORIDA AND WE WON'T HAVE A COME APART HERE. I WANT THIS TO BE A HAPPY EXPERIENCE FOR YOU. BRENDA

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Thu May 03, 2012 12:18 pm

My Dear Linda,
I haven't known you very long, but you are a dear sweet lady, and I hope that you have a blessed and safe trip to Florida. I haven't been here in NetHugs that long either, but I dearly love each and everyone of all of you.
I've made so,so many friends here, and Linda, you are also one of a kind that I have had the pleasure to comment about your writing...
I hope that your move will be a safe trip to your new home there in Florida, And you dear sweet friend Brenda, well what more can I say,another blessed sweet lady and friend of mine.
Please keep in touch whenever you can dear friend, and will look forward to hearing again from you soon here in the forum.
God's blessings I ask for you today and always.
Your friend in Christ Jesus.
B.J.Morbitzer :)

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed May 23, 2012 1:34 am

Brenda Pike wrote:LINDA, LIFE'S PATH HAS MANY OBSTACLES, WHICH BUILDS CHARACTER AND STRONGER FAITH IN OUR LORD. YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY GIRL AND THE BETTER FOR IT. COUNT ALL OF YOUR EXPERIENCES AS BLESSINGS DEAR FRIEND. MY ENTIRE LIFE HAS BEEN CHANGE AND I ROLLED WITH THE FLOW GIRL AND WAS THE BETTER FOR IT TOO. I HOPE THAT OUR TIME AND FRIENDSHIP HAS CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR LIFE EXPERIENCE AS VALUABLE THAT YOU ALWAYS REMEMBER. I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU NOR THE GREAT TIMES AND LAUGHS WE'VE HAD. WE SURE LEARNED SOME LESSONS TOGETHER TOO. I SHALL MISS YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW. BUT, I WILL BE TRAVELING TO FLORIDA TO SEE YOU OFTEN. GOD LOVE YOU AND I LOVE YOU TOO. I HAD TO WAIT UNTIL YOU TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER TO LEAVE YOU THIS MESSAGE, YOU CAN READ IT IN FLORIDA AND WE WON'T HAVE A COME APART HERE. I WANT THIS TO BE A HAPPY EXPERIENCE FOR YOU. BRENDA
WELL, BRENDA OLD PAL...I'VE READ YOUR MESSAGE SEVERAL TIMES SINCE MOVING HERE. I KNOW NOW THAT GOD MEANT FOR US TO BE TOGETHER FOR THE TIME WE HAD, THAT WE BOTH NEEDED TO LEARN FROM EACH OTHER. ISN'T IT INTERESTING HOW HE DOES THAT ? AND THOUGH NOTHING IS 'OVER', EXCEPT THE LIVING SO CLOSE, I DO MISS YOU EVERY DAY. WE HAD OUR TALK IN AN EMAIL RECENTLY AND IT WAS PRETTY FULL OF EMOTION, SO BEST TO KEEP IT THAT WAY FOR NOW. FOR IT TRULY IS HARD BEING APART FROM YOU. AT ANY RATE...YOU HEAR MY NEWS WHEN WE TALK ON THE PHONE, AND IT'S USUALLY NON-STOP ON MY END. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON HERE AND ALWAYS FOR THE GOOD. I'M NOT SORRY THAT I MADE THIS MOVE, AND RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR THIS KIND OF LIFESTYLE. MY DAUGHTER IS COMING TO VISIT ME FOR SOME QUALITY HOURS THIS WEEKEND, AND I'VE GOT MOST OF MY BOXES CLEARED OUT....THE PLACE ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE "HOME" RIGHT NOW !! HAVE DECIDED AGAINST TV IN THE BEDROOM...READING, PRAYING, LOVING ON PATCHES AND THEN FALLING ASLEEP IS WHAT THAT ROOM IS FOR. YOU WOULD NOT RECOGNIZE IT, BRENDA !! EVERYTHING HAS IT'S PLACE, AND IS IN IT'S PLACE !! YIKES !!

SO...LOOKING FORWARD TO THE VISIT FROM KIM AND JENNA. AND OUR LIVES GO ON AS WE REMAIN THE BEST OF FRIENDS, ALWAYS. LOVE, LINDA :wink:

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed May 23, 2012 1:42 am

B.J.Morbitzer wrote:My Dear Linda,
I haven't known you very long, but you are a dear sweet lady, and I hope that you have a blessed and safe trip to Florida. I haven't been here in NetHugs that long either, but I dearly love each and everyone of all of you.
I've made so,so many friends here, and Linda, you are also one of a kind that I have had the pleasure to comment about your writing...
I hope that your move will be a safe trip to your new home there in Florida, And you dear sweet friend Brenda, well what more can I say,another blessed sweet lady and friend of mine.
Please keep in touch whenever you can dear friend, and will look forward to hearing again from you soon here in the forum.
God's blessings I ask for you today and always.
Your friend in Christ Jesus.
B.J.Morbitzer :)
B.J., THIS IS A MOST CARING MESSAGE FROM YOU. THANK YOU, I TRULY DO. AS YOU CAN SEE FROM MY COMMENT TO BRENDA, THINGS ARE JUST GREAT, AND IF YOU'VE SEEN THE PICTURES, THEN YOU KNOW THIS PLACE TO BE ONE OF GREAT BEAUTY OF GOD'S MAKING !! THAT I AND PATCHES ARE HERE IS A MIRACLE GIVEN, AND ACCEPTED, WITH MUCH GRATITUDE FROM OUR LORD JESUS. I WOULD LOVE TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU AT ANY TIME. IT WOULD BE NICE TO CONVERSE WITH YOU, IF YOU WOULDN'T MIND. OUR MUTUAL FRIEND, BRENDA, HAS MY INFORMATION. GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOU...LOVE, LINDA :wink:

linda56
Gold Member

Post by linda56 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:15 am

Dear Linda...I just read this about you moving to Florida...It is all so very touching and I wish you all the very best in your new adventure...I was wondering why I had not seen you on here for awhile :( ...Now that you are getting settled, I hope we see a lot more of you... :) Take care my friend and God Bless You...Love, Linda
Mark 12:13
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.