LIFE INVESTMENT

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

LIFE INVESTMENT

Post by Brenda Pike » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:24 pm

AllThingsArePossibleWithGod.gif
AllThingsArePossibleWithGod.gif (180.4 KiB) Viewed 1710 times
Life Investment

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day [in Heaven]—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."1

Roger Perkins of Higher Ground writes: "A few years ago I sat and listened to an eighty-year old man who had retired as pastor of a church in New Jersey after serving there for forty years—his only parish. Ten years before, at age seventy, he and his wife moved to Africa to spend their final years in Kingdom work—much of it in prisons.

"He said to our small gathering, 'I don't want to be too harsh, but what are you doing that would cause God to want to extend your life?'

"I was stunned. My old analytical self tried to counter his reasoning, but the Spirit clearly gave me a wakeup call to make every day count by remaining close to God and living out his will. Life is short no matter how long it is.

"The above pastor's name is Grover Wilcox. He started a church in the inner city of Newark after graduating from Wheaton College and was a pastor there for forty years. He knows about faithfulness. He has experienced planting, sowing and reaping. He's still going strong in East Africa—he's about 85 now. And by the way, his denomination wouldn't ordain him when he got out of Wheaton College because they thought he wasn't good material or ready for the pastorate."2

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, help me to carefully examine my life to see if there is any reason why you would choose to extend my life. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."

1. 2 Timothy 4:7-8 (NIV).
2. By Roger Perkins of Higher Ground. higherground@triton.net.

Submitted by:
Brenda Clark Pike

Hope
Diamond Member

Re: LIFE INVESTMENT

Post by Hope » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:15 am

Brenda,
WOW! Talk about a message making you think! This one surely does I Love it!
God Bless You Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 pm

EVA, YES THIS IS ONE MESSAGE THAT SURE GRAB ME ALSO. I THOUGHT IT WORTHY OF SHARING ON HUGS. THANKS FOR STOPPING IN TO READ THE MESSAGE. GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Brenda.,
Yes this one cought my eye for sure.
I loved this message my dear friend!!!
God Bless
Hugs Love Blessings
B.J.Morbitzer<>< ))(( )))(((

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:59 pm

THANKS B.J. GLAD YOU LIKE THIS ARTICLE AND I BELIEVE WE HAVE TO ASK OURSELVES THESE QUESTIONS OF HAVE WE DONE THE RIGHT THINGS IN LIFE TO GAIN OUR PLACE IN HEAVEN WITH OUR GOD. GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA