THE SCORPION AND THE FROG

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

THE SCORPION AND THE FROG

Post by Brenda Pike » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:01 pm

The Scorpion and the Frog

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil."1

You've no doubt read the old fable about the scorpion and the frog. It illustrates how man's nature is much more devious and controlling than is his logic.

The fable says how, "One day a scorpion arrived at the bank of a river he wanted to cross, but there was no bridge. He asked a frog that was sitting nearby if he would take him across the river on his back. The frog refused and said, 'I will not, because you will sting me.'

"The scorpion replied, 'It would be foolish for me to sting you because then we would both drown.'

"The frog saw the logic in the scorpion's words, and agreed to carry the scorpion across. But when they were halfway across the river the scorpion stung the frog. The stunned frog asked, 'Why did you sting me? Now we will both die!'

"The scorpion replied, 'Because I'm a scorpion … and that's what scorpions do.'"

Have you ever noticed that God is not concerned about being "politically correct?" Sad to say some people today are more concerned about being "politically correct" than they are about being "biblically correct." They change the name of sins to justify people's sinful behavior. They do this because they are more concerned about the approval of man than they are about the approval of God. To God, sin—all sin—is sin by whatever name we call it, and all sin is ultimately self-destructive regardless of how we seek to justify it.

Furthermore, God's Word reminds us that no matter how good, how noble, how educated, how refined, or how sophisticated we may be, we are all sinners.2 Like the leopard that cannot change its spots neither can we change our nature. We are not sinners because we sin, but rather, we sin because we are sinners. That's our nature and that's why we need God's salvation to save us from the eternal consequences of our sin—which is eternal separation from God for all eternity in the place the Bible calls hell.

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, thank you for providing a way of escape from the eternal consequences of my sinful nature in that you gave your Son, Jesus, to die on the cross in my place to pay the punishment for all my sins. Help me to be certain that I am a true Christian, and that I have received your gift of forgiveness and eternal life. And dear Jesus, because you died for me, please help me to live for you always in all ways. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."

1. Jeremiah 13:23 (NIV).
2. See Romans 3:23.

BY: RICHARD (DICK) INNES
DAILY ENCOUNTER

SUBMITTED BY:
BRENDA CLARK PIKE
Attachments
refections.jpg
refections.jpg (103.75 KiB) Viewed 2918 times

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Re: THE SCORPION AND THE FROG

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Brenda.,
Oh my I like this write dear friend.
And so true as well .
I thank you for sharing this one Brenda.
God Bless You
Hugs Love Blessings
B.J.<>< ))(( )))(((

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:17 am

HAPPY.jpg
HAPPY.jpg (16.35 KiB) Viewed 2903 times
DEAR B.J. THANKS FOR THE COMMENT, GLAD YOU LIKED THE ARTICLE. WE DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHO THE SCORPION IS UNTIL WE'VE BEEN STUNG. TRAIL AND ERROR LIFE IS. EVIL SEEMS TO PREVAIL IN TODAYS WORLD OVER GOOD. I THINK I'VE HELPED TO MANY SCORPION'S IN MY TIME. I THINK I'LL STAY ON THE BANK AND TEND TO MY BUSINESS. GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Brenda,
What a Wonderful Message! And it is so true, thank you so much for sharing this I know I really enjoyed reading it!
God Bless You Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:29 pm

EVA, THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT. GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA

Happy Holmes1
Diamond Member

Post by Happy Holmes1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Brenda, what a great story and application!! Just loved it, love you too!!
I will definetely be sharing this at jail, for it has much meaning. I love the way you post things from different sources that you think may bless someone. Thank you for that daily dose of wisdom and discernment.
-Dawn
Don't let someone's dill pickle make your sweet one, sour! -Happy's Thoughts!

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:17 pm

DEAR SWEET DAWN, I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKED THIS ARTICLE, YES IT HAS SEVERAL ANALOGIES TO LIFE FOR SURE. AND I FOR ONE HAVE HAD MANY ENCOUNTERS WITH SCORPIONS AS I'M ALWAYS A MOTHER HEN TRYING TO FIX OTHERS PROBLEMS AND IT REALLY GET ME IN SOME TROUBLE. THIS ARTICLE I CAN RELATE TO AND THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE WORTHY OF HUGS. THANKS DEAR FOR THE COMMENT, I ALWAYS APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT. GOD LOVE YOU AND I LOVE YOU, BRENDA