The greatness of our God

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
hattie
Silver Member

The greatness of our God

Post by hattie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:12 pm

last week i had an opportunity to attend a prayer at our church and the theme for the night..was "the greatness of our God'

This really got me thinking about our relationship with the Lord. when we are facing different challenges in life, what to we focus on? the greatest of our God or the 'bigness' our of our challenges? i'm learning to focus on the greatness of our God.

when we need provision, lets remember that He is the Lord who is our Shepherd, we will not want (Psalm 23:1), He owns all the gold and silver, and the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:10),God promised to supply all our needs according to His richies in glory!

when we are overwhelmed by life circumstances- Jesus asked us to go up to Him and find rest and take upon His yoke- for His yoke is easy and His burden is light! (Mathew 11:29)

when we are restless and need peace- let's remember that His peace that surpasses all understanding (philipians 4:7) is available to us His children, the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him at calvary (Isaiah 53:5) He indeed is our Prince of peace (isaiah 9:6)

when we need direction and guidance, The lord has promised to lead us in the way that we should go (psalm 32:8), whether we turn to the right or the left, we will hear a voice behind us saying; 'This is the way, walk in it' Isaiah 30:21)

when we sick in our bodies, we know that Jesus was beaten that we may be made whole, by His wounds we are healed! (isaiah 53:5b) He has promised to heal all our diseases and sickness.

when we are lonely- the Lord promised not to leave us as orphans, but that He will send us a counselor, a Comforter, The Holy Spirit who will be in us and with us forever (John 14:15-18)

whatever we may face in this life, we are confident that our God is greater than all, for He is the King of kings, Lord of lords, the Mighty one of Israel, the Lord who never fails, and His love is greater than all.

let's be encouraged that our God is indeed is great and nothing can 'choke' His greatness, not our fears, doubts or failures!

'Those who know your name, will trust in You,
for You oh LORD have never forsaken those who seek You' psalm 9:10.

may you all be blessed and remeber that 'our God is greater than all"

much love,

Hattie :D :D :D

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Re: The greatness of our God

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Hattie.,
I really love what you wrote and posted here this day.
All this is so very true and we can be blessed by this too.
I thank you for this post my friend :D
GLYASDI
Hugs Love Blessings
B.J.<>< ))(( )))(((

hattie
Silver Member

Post by hattie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:20 am

Thanks B.J!

enjoy your day!

Hattie

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 am

Hattie,
What a Wonderful message you wrote here I know so many will be Blessed by this I know I was!
God Bless You Eva

Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:27 am

God bless you, Hattie!
"I can do all things, through Christ, who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13