WHAT IS GOD LIKE?

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

WHAT IS GOD LIKE?

Post by Brenda Pike » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:08 pm

sparkles of love.jpg
sparkles of love.jpg (64.73 KiB) Viewed 3329 times
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."1

King Duncan writes about the small boy who "was consistently late coming home from school. His parents warned him one day that he must be home on time that afternoon, but nevertheless, he arrived later than ever. His mother met him at the door and said nothing. His father met him in the living room and said nothing.

"At dinner that night, the boy looked at his plate. There was a slice of bread and a glass of water. He looked at his father's full plate and then at his father, but his father remained silent. The boy was crushed. The father waited for the full impact to sink in, then quietly took the boy's plate and placed it in front of himself. He took his own plate of meat and potatoes, put it in front of the boy, and smiled at his son. When that boy grew up, he said, 'All my life I've known what God is like by what my father did that night.'"2

We, too, can know what God is like by what Jesus did for us when he came to earth as a babe in Bethlehem and then to die on the cross in our place to pay the penalty for all our sins so we can be freely forgiven and receive God's gift of eternal life to be with him in heaven forever.

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, how can I ever thank you enough for your great love gift to me at Christmas time some 2000 years ago in giving your Son, Jesus, to pay the penalty for all my sins through his death on the cross so that I could receive your gift of forgiveness and eternal life? Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."

1. Romans 5:8 (NIV).
2. King Duncan, Collected Sermons, http://www.Sermons.com.

DAILY ENCOUNTER
RICHARD (DICK) INNES
SUBMITTED BY:
BRENDA CLARK PIKE

Doug Holt
Diamond Member

Re: WHAT IS GOD LIKE?

Post by Doug Holt » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 am

Thank You Dear Brenda for sharing this wonderful story

Regarding Gods Love for Us

What A wonderful Blessing to start My Day

Thank You

Love as always In The Lords Holy Name

Doug.
Thoughts Are Living Things With Wings.

You Are Never Alone. When You Think Of Others

And They Think Of You.

No Matter Where You Are

GOD Is With YOU All The Time.

Doug Holt

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:20 am

Brenda,
This Blessed my heart today! Thank you so much for sharing it. I know so many will be Blessed by it!
God Bless You Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:54 pm

DOUG, THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT. I'M HAPPY IT WAS A BLESSING TO YOU . I THOUGHT IT WORTHY OF SHARING, WONDERFUL GIFTS GOD SENDS US EVERYDAY. GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:57 pm

DEAR EVA, THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT AND I'M HAPPY YOU RECIEVED A BLESSING. GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:56 am

BRENDA, YOU ARE ONE OF GOD'S GREAT GIFTS !! WHEN YOU SHARE THESE ARTICLES WITH HUGS MEMBERS, YOU ARE SPREADING THE LOVE OF GOD HERE. READING THIS ONE, TODAY, IS LIKE A BREATH OF FRESH AIR TO BEGIN MY DAY WITH !! THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO IN YOUR SHARING...IT TAKES A LOT OF READING AND I KNOW YOUR HEART IS FULLY INVOLVED WHEN YOU SHARE WHAT YOU HAVE FOUND !!

I LOVE YOU....LINDA :D :lol: :wink:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:58 pm

THE WONDERFUL ROSE.jpg
THE WONDERFUL ROSE.jpg (30.19 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
THANKS LINDA FOR YOU KIND COMMENTS. I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT, SO HAPPY IT GAVE YOU A FRESH EMOTION OF GOD'S LOVE FOR ALL OF US. WE JUST NEED SOMETIMES TO BE REMINDED. I LOVE SHARING ARTICLES THAT OPENS NEW THOUGHTS AND PROFOUND STATEMENTS. GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA