TAKE LIFE BY THE BALLS AND SHAKE IT !

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Linner
Diamond Member

TAKE LIFE BY THE BALLS AND SHAKE IT !

Post by Linner » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:19 pm

DOG WITH TOY-JACK RUSSELL.jpg
DOG WITH TOY-JACK RUSSELL.jpg (12.17 KiB) Viewed 5364 times

I know the title of this write may be a wee bit offensive to some, but without saying what was said, it kind of loses the true depth and meaning of what she did. So here, I do apologize for any offense, but will speak the truth of it all.

TAKE LIFE BY THE BALLS AND SHAKE IT

Right now, I’m thinking of someone I know, and respect highly. We were just talking on the phone, one thing led to another, and I told her how I appreciated what she had done with her life…taking it by the balls and shaking it. Well, that got a laugh going, which was good, but seriously…that’s what she did !

This lady, at a very young age, displayed what her future self would be like. She is a natural born leader, and one who likes to take risks, but with some sensible planning ahead of time. She may not have done that in the beginning, but it became second-hand to her way of thinking, the older she got. Starting at an early age, she took on responsibility for her family and then, leaving home, began her own. That was the beginning of a life-long journey into the unknown of the future, but what a tiger she was to tackle it head on !

During the time I have known her, my friend has tried to instill in me some of that strength and knowledge of hers. I have tried to be like that, but find I am not well-suited to it. I am meek and mild, not good at confrontation, she’s out in front, forging her path with great strides and determination. It is a magnificence to behold from my standpoint, oh I wish I could be like her. Dear God saw fit to make me who I am and her who she is, and that is that!

I see her now on the verge of receiving from life something she has asked God about for a long while now. It’s exciting to hear the breath-taking experience from where she is…sitting in my chair, listening to my friend. God bless her…I love her so much, and pray this new thing in her life will come true for her. I really believe, though, if it should start to look like it is slowing down, she’ll think of something to make sure it gets back up and moving again…

She’ll just take it by the balls and shake it !!!!

©Linda Vale Martin February 6, 2013
Last edited by Linner on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Hope
Diamond Member

Re: TAKE LIFE BY THE BALLS AND SHAKE IT !

Post by Hope » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Linda,
This is a very different title! I love this story and now I am wondering who your friend is I know I am so happy for her! God uses other people in our lives to show us things we would not see had we not of met them. You have a Wonderful friend here that goes after what she wants, and I Pray everything goes good for her!

God Bless You Love Eva

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Dear Friend Linda.,

But I will respond to the write my friend.And the title is okay anyway...
I think this is a good write and and like it as well Linda.
But didn't know how to react to the title as a man :lol: But by the same it didn't bother me either.
Anyway I do really putting the funny of me as you know me well enough. :D
I did like reading this write it has alot of meaning but it isn't offensive to me at all.The title.
The goodness really comes out in you as well when you post a write.
God is good to make you as you are and I can add to that, a wonderful writer and a blessed sweet lady in my book.Yes indeed you truly are Linda :D
And an awesome singer too :D
GLYASDI
B.J.

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Hope wrote:Linda,
This is a very different title! I love this story and now I am wondering who your friend is I know I am so happy for her! God uses other people in our lives to show us things we would not see had we not of met them. You have a Wonderful friend here that goes after what she wants, and I Pray everything goes good for her!

God Bless You Love Eva
THANKS, EVA !! GLAD YOU COULD GET PAST THE TITLE !! YOU MIGHT KNOW HER, MY FRIEND. IF NOT, SHE'LL APPRECIATE WHAT YOU'VE SAID HERE. I'LL MAKE SURE SHE KNOWS, OKAY ?? THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENT !!

LOVE ALWAYS...LINDA :D :lol: :wink:

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm

B.J.Morbitzer wrote:Dear Friend Linda.,

But I will respond to the write my friend.And the title is okay anyway...
I think this is a good write and and like it as well Linda.
But didn't know how to react to the title as a man :lol: But by the same it didn't bother me either.
Anyway I do really putting the funny of me as you know me well enough. :D
I did like reading this write it has alot of meaning but it isn't offensive to me at all.The title.
The goodness really comes out in you as well when you post a write.
God is good to make you as you are and I can add to that, a wonderful writer and a blessed sweet lady in my book.Yes indeed you truly are Linda :D
And an awesome singer too :D
GLYASDI
B.J.
WELL B.J. !!! SO GLAD TO SEE YOU COULD GET PAST THE TITLE, TOO !! I'M WONDERING NOW, AND AM PRETTY SURE, THAT I'VE HEARD OR READ MEN USING THIS TERM. THAT'S WHY I FELT SAFE IN POSTING THIS, WITH MY LITTLE WARNING AHEAD OF THE READ. I THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS HERE, TOO, B.J. AND FOR TAKING THE "BULL BY THE HORNS" AND READING AS WELL AS POSTING ON MY POEM !!!

GOD BLESS YOU WITH LOVE...LINDA :D :lol: :wink:

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Sounds like you and your friend really had a ball with that conversation Lindy. Yes, we are each who we are, but we can certainly learn from each other.
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 pm

DeaconSteve wrote:Sounds like you and your friend really had a ball with that conversation Lindy. Yes, we are each who we are, but we can certainly learn from each other.
I'LL BE REAL CAREFUL HERE...LOL !!! YES, IT WAS AN ENJOYABLE CONVERSATION, STEVE !! BETWEEN FRIENDS AND TALKING ABOUT LIFE'S DREAMS. THAT'S SO TRUE ABOUT LEARNING FROM EACH OTHER. WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO BE JUST LIKE SOMEONE ELSE, THAT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE, BUT WE CAN CERTAINLY STRIVE TO INCORPORATE THEIR BEST PHILOSOPHIES AND STRENGTHS INTO OUR OWN. THAT WOULD BE A GOOD MELD, I THINK. THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING, STEVE...I REALLY APPRECIATE IT !!

LOVE YOU ALWAYS...LINDY !! :D :lol: :wink:

condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Post by condorfromtheandes » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi Linda, my dearest friend and sister in the Lord, :D
What a magnificent writing material, sweetheart! I love it! I'm flattered.
I would have chosen a different title, though.
Perhaps, it may sound a bit softer to say: "Take the bull by its horns!"
Or, "Money is the route of all evil."
Your friend, the fighter, I might know her, will be able to shed
her own blood for her own true beliefs and moral values.
I call it, a Brotherhood of Christians in Action, for actions speak louder than words.
Who can change the world for the better? I wonder...
I guess humans can, if they want to. Otherwise, they won't,
and we'll all eventually perish in the human decay caused by humans' own faults...
I think the world is going to the dogs. It is an idiomatic expression meaning "decay."
Thank you for sharing your writing talents with us, my super friend!
God keeps blessing you with a slice of Heaven on Earth.
In the Lord's Vineyard,
Monica. :D
Condorfromtheandes.

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:53 am

LINDA, YOU CERTAINLY HAVE A WAY WITH WORDS THAT NO ONE ELSE CAN COMPARE. YOUR WRITE IS SO FUNNY AND TRUE I'M SURE TO THE LAST WORD. STRONG WORDS AND I GUESSING THIS PERSON IS EXACTLY AS YOU'VE DESCRIBED. GREAT WRITE, SHE SHOULD BE FLATTERED. LOVE YOU DEAR FRIEND.
BRENDA
Attachments
the roar of a lion.jpg
the roar of a lion.jpg (58.03 KiB) Viewed 5310 times