O LIL' TOWN OF BETHLEHEM

Post your artwork, photographs and videos here.
poet1108
Platinum Member

O LIL' TOWN OF BETHLEHEM

Post by poet1108 »

From a very simple beginning with the gift of my first Nativity from my Dad in 1972, some of the original pieces have since been replaced. However, in years past the Nativity was the first to be set up and the last of the Christmas decorations to be put away, generally mid-to-late January. Over the years it has had a number of settings. However, today with hubby Roger's help in building the 6' x 2' table and adding end shelves and top shelf to a thrift store cabinet find as well as his building the around the corner section, this display of Fontanini collection of over 100+ figurines now stays up year 'round. Roger's most recent addition was the lights around the angels. The baby Jesus is from the first Nativity and when first seen by my two young children, they insisted we make a trip out to Grandma's house; afterall, baby Jesus had to be wrapped in swaddling clothes. Granddad smiled hearing those words. Mission was accomplished. It is indeed a display both Roger and I treasure as daily we are reminded to carry the meaning of CHRISTmas throughout the year in our hearts.

[attachment=0]Original Stable made by Clifford Yaryan-197sm.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=2]Nativity-2011-1-sm.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]Nativity-2011-2-sm.JPG[/attachment]

Attachments
Original Stable made by Clifford Yaryan-197sm.jpg
Original Stable made by Clifford Yaryan-197sm.jpg (210.31 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
Nativity-2011-2-sm.JPG
Nativity-2011-2-sm.JPG (220.05 KiB) Viewed 3791 times
Nativity-2011-1-sm.JPG
Nativity-2011-1-sm.JPG (193.13 KiB) Viewed 3794 times
Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Re: O LIL' TOWN OF BETHLEHEM

Post by Pokey's Heart »

Kay and Roger, this is just so beautiful. I keep looking at it and seeing all the neat details. It is a wonderful collection with such a Holy meaning to our souls. I don't blame you for leaving it out all year, I would too. It is just beautiful. Thank you so much from my heart personally for sharing it. I know others will feel the same!
Love always,
Pokey
poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 »

Pokey: I am glad you enjoyed our Christmas Nativity.....and somehow with that look in his eyes, hubby Roger has more than just his arm up his sleeve....He knows how heartbroken I was when I discovered Daddy's creche was not with my Christmas things. Whatever Roger does will be more than accepted with gratitude...just watching him put the lights around the angels and then carefully repositioning them has made me more than realize that this is an "ours" and no longer a mine. And for that I am so very, very grateful. What an early Christmas present!!.......I have taken pictures and now am putting them in a power point presentation.......KayD
Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart »

Oh, Kay, the gladness in your heart brings tears of joy to MY eyes. What a blessed gift God just being himself and blessing us through those we love down here is.....Isn't it just so wonderful that God also made us so that we can share in one another's joy from afar? :)
so much love to the two of you,
Pokey
poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 »

I went back and counted up today the number of Fontanini figurines....there are over 150.........that does not count the buildings, tents, or other accessories.........KayD
Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope »

Kay,
I am in Awe of your Beautiful Bethlehem! What a blessing this must be to have to look at all the time it is truly Awesome.

God Bless You Love Eva
poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 »

From a small nativity of the holy family, two shepherds, three wisemen and the one standing and two kneeling camels this display has grown since 1972. In the early years it was the first of the Christmas decorations to be put up and the last to be taken down. By the early 1990's the display had grown so much that it would take about 3 days to set it up and be taken it down. That was when I decided to set the display up where it could be enjoyed year 'round. And the settings have always changed as to what furniture I had. This setting Roger helped create by building the 6' x 2' table. After the Flight to Egypt had been purchased, miniumal rearranging was done to move the holy family away for safe keeping and bring out the Flight to Egypt in early February. Roger added the angel lighting this year! Glad you enjoyed, Eva.....God continue to bless you in all things....KayD
Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw »

ANOTHER WOW ! (JUST SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL BEYOND WORDS)..LOVE,EM' ALL......WOWEEEE...AWESOME~~~"GOD BLESS'...YOUR FRIEND/SIS,"PASTOR SHIRLEY ANN SHAW~~~
poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 »

Glad you like, Shirley.....we do too.....and I am so glad now for Roger's input.....the stable here is the old one and has been moved to the lower right corner where the innkeeper and his family are. Check out the new Updated picture found in Roger's gift to me--Update......KayD