My Christmas Gift from Roger

Post your artwork, photographs and videos here.
poet1108
Platinum Member

My Christmas Gift from Roger

Post by poet1108 »

Roger's handmade gift to the Fontanini display--A new lighted stable for Mary, Joseph, and the baby Jesus.....He wants to make more wooden buildings this coming year so for Christmas next year our display will have a new look.....The old stable right now is being used by the innkeeper and his family.....KayD

[attachment=0]Stable-004-sm.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
Stable-004-sm.JPG
Stable-004-sm.JPG (167.13 KiB) Viewed 3729 times
Jeff Guest

Re: My Christmas Gift from Roger

Post by Jeff Guest »

I love it Kay!!! Roger has done an absolutely spectacular job on this most precious gift, it fits the time period perfectly! What a blessing this is for you & our Lord, awesomely done Roger!

God Bless Kay & Roger!

Superb!
poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 »

Jeff: Roger had taken all the equipment to do this project down to his office and worked on it there since used car sales business is very slow this time of year.....His co-worker was amazed at what Roger was doing....and when I saw how many "little boards" he cut, I too was amazed. He is going to try to "repair" some of the pieces that got broken during my displacement.....and as I said above, he already has wheels going on even more buildings....I can hardly wait to see the fruits of his labors....Can imagine if the two of you were closer what a carpenters' shop there'd be.......Blessings on you, Jeff........KayD
Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope »

Kay,
Roger is very gifted! What a wonderful Christmas gift something you will always treasure.

God Bless You Love Eva
poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 »

Eva: Since the very first nativity that was given to me by my Dad back in 1972 using the Fontanini figurines, Roger is the first hubby to take any interest in the collection, from building the large table on which it sits, to helping with the angel lighting this year, and now the stable. It delights me to see him rearrange the figurines and as I said, he is already focusing on more new buildings. What was mine is now OURS! God blesses in marvelous ways......KayD
Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart »

Kay this is just such a delight to my soul, and I know it is more than that to yours! Roger did just an amazing job on this, what a precious gift he has given you. One that will bring the two of you joy for many years to come. I can't wait to see the other things he makes through the year. and Yes, I was thinking the same thing..what fun these two would have together. At least they can share in this way! Tell Roger he is a blessing to us all! It delights me to know he rearranges those figurines as well. there are so many beautiful pieces. I was looking at them for a long time just last night! I know they bring both of your hearts much joy.
Love you always,
Pokey
Shirley Shaw
Diamond Member

Post by Shirley Shaw »

DEAR KAY;
WHAT AN AWESOME AND BEAUTIFUL BLESSING, HERE ! ROGER DID A MARVELOUS JOB, ON THIS..IT IS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL ! WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE...HE IS VERY GIFTED, JUST LIKE OUR DEAR FRIEND/BROTHER IN THE LORD, JEFF GUEST,AND WIFE, DENISE.."GOD BLESS YOU".."HAPPY NEW YEAR, TO YOU BOTH"....LOVE & BLESSINGS, ALWAYS, YOUR FRIEND/SIS IN THE LORD', "PASTOR SHIRLEY ANN SHAW~~~~
poet1108
Platinum Member

Post by poet1108 »

Dear Shirley Ann: Thank you so much for your comments about Roger's gift to me....and each little line is in fact a saw blade cut....He said this morning he was finally getting all the sawdust in his office vacuumed up as that was where he made this project.....he saws there are more buildings in the design....can hardly wait to see the finished product.....And MAY YOU and YOURS have a very BLESSED HAPPY NEW YEAR......KayD