Me & ma' fella!!!

Post your artwork, photographs and videos here.
Marigold
Registered Member

Me & ma' fella!!!

Post by Marigold »

Taken on our 60 wedding anniversary.
marigold.
60 yrs together..jpg
60 yrs together..jpg (22.78 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
poet1108
Platinum Member

Re: Me & ma' fella!!!

Post by poet1108 »

Marigold: What a beautiful picture and it is not often you see a couple staying together some 60+ years......Life must be really good for you living "down under" as that is what I remember the New Zealander's used to say when I visited them many years ago now...only realizing that I believe you said you live in Australia...Thanks for sharing and may you both be blessed in all you do.......KayD
Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart »

Marigold, how wonderful it is to see your precious faces! I'm so happy you shared this with us, and the two of you look so happy! Like Kay said, it is awesome that you have been together for that long. What a testimony you are. God bless you so much,
Love always,
Pokey

PS is it hot there? It turned cold here last night. It's so weird that our seasons are opposite! :D
Marigold
Registered Member

Post by Marigold »

Thank you again dear ladies.( Sisters in our Lord Jesus Christ) yes we have had a happy life together but not without it's trials. You just got to work together and have faith that all things work together for good to them that love our Lord Jesus.As I wrote in one of my poems "We both look in the same direction, Wilson and me".Thank you again. Very hot here at the moment we are expecting around 40% celcius today before a thunder storm in the evening. God Bless. Marigold.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike »

MARIGOLD, YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL LADY AND YES IT IS RARE THESE DAYS THAT COUPLES CELEBRATE SIXTY YEARS TOGETHER. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH. SINCERELY BRENDA
Marigold
Registered Member

Post by Marigold »

Thank you Brenda. It is always nice to hear from you dear ones.One of you was asking about 'DOWN UNDER'
That is what Australia is called by folks overseas. I have not heard that name given to New Zealand, in fact they call it the 'Land of the long white cloud'. We live in Dandenong in Victoria Australia. So if you are ever over this way call in for a 'cuppa.Lots of love. Marigold.xx
Jeff Guest

Post by Jeff Guest »

What a handsome couple you are Marigold, Wilson is a very lucky fella! Was Ned Kelly from the Victoria area?
Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope »

Marigold,
What a wonderful picture of a good looking couple! 60 years what a Blessing and inspiration you two are to so many! Thank you so much for sharing this I really enjoyed seeing whose wonderful poems I am so blessed to read.

God Bless You Love Eva
Marigold
Registered Member

Post by Marigold »

Thank you Eva and Jeff. Jeff you ask if we are near to where Ned Kelly lived. i'ts a place called Glenrowan a few hours from Melbourne.He was a famous bushranger (Bandit) in the 1870's and was hanged in 1880.
Had to look that up in a book. Now if you had asked me who Rabbie Burns was, I could have told you straight away. He was one of my country's best known poets, although you need to be a Scot to understand. Have a good day. marigold.
Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart »

Hey Marigold, God laid it on our hearts to send you and Wilson a little angel that Jeff made out of wood. If you will message us with your address, we will mail it to you. (At the bottom of each individual post, there is a little button you can either email us, or PM (private message)

Also, I have a long time email buddy that has a website with weebly. Her name is Derry Bloss, and she is a fellow aussie. Do you get her newsletters, and if not, would you like to? She lives in Western Australia. She is precious!

Love you always, and hey, how is Wilson doing? Didn't I read recently that he'd had a medical procedure? I pray he has healed nicely. God is good!
Love always,
Pokey
Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart »

Your little angel will be on it's way to you in tomorrow's mail, Marigold! I sent you the link to Derry's site, I know you will enjoy it, as I do!

So much love to you and your sweet Wilson!
Love always,
Pokey and Jeff[attachment=0]Enjoy.jpeg[/attachment]
Attachments
Enjoy.jpeg
Enjoy.jpeg (17.57 KiB) Viewed 6946 times
Marigold
Registered Member

Post by Marigold »

Hi there Pokey. I have been 'browsing' the site. Don't seem to get enough time nowadays. Wilson keeping a lot better and we are both off to the 'Prayer Meeting' tonight. Thank you again for my little angel. Hope you got my e-mail O.K. with the photo' of the angel sitting by my computer. Love to Jeff. Margaret.
Pokey's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by Pokey's Heart »

Forgive me for just now responding, Marigold! (I'm playing catch-up with email and responses) I did receive your email, and was so delighted to see you had received the angel. I enjoyed seeing the pictures too! I told Jeff you'd gotten it. We have been busy running here and there visiting my Mother. she recently fractured her spine and is in hospital rehab. Hopefully she will be back in her home next door to us in a couple of weeks or so.

I'm so happy Wilson is doing better each day!

I enjoy Derry's site too, but haven't had time recently to browse it like I usually do. I love it tho!

God bless you real good, and enjoy your prayer meeting tonight! I'll be going to stay a few hours with my Mother..we can only visit her from 4 to 8. I enjoy mid week prayer meetings..they renew our spirits!

Love you always,
Pokey
Marigold
Registered Member

Post by Marigold »

Thank you Pokey for your nice long e-mail. Trust your mum will soon be well. Going shopping now. Bit cooler this morning, we have had some very hot weather. Take care while you are running around, I hear the weather over your way is cooooooold. God bless. Love you lots . Marigold.xx