PARTIAL MENTAL ECLIPSE

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Linner
Diamond Member

PARTIAL MENTAL ECLIPSE

Post by Linner » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:45 am

PARTIAL LUNAR ECLIPSE.jpg
PARTIAL LUNAR ECLIPSE.jpg (33.69 KiB) Viewed 4519 times

PARTIAL MENTAL ECLIPSE

I just awoke from a very strange dream. Patches was scratching at my side to wake me. I must have been making some strange sounds for her to do that. How odd dreams can be. They take us to places we would never think of going. I remember I was at my sister’s house, and my brother-in-law had put up a round wire enclosure to keep their dog from running loose. It was very flimsy and not fastened to the ground so the dog kept knocking it over and getting out. They had a cat, an orange tabby, that the dog kept chasing, and he put them both inside the enclosure to see what they would do. The dog began to get rough with the cat and I was concerned, but he sat there and said they were just playing. Suddenly, there was a scream, and there was the dog with the cat’s tail in his mouth. Oh…it made me sick to see it. The dog knocked the enclosure over, the cat ran inside the house, and the dog was playing with the tail like a toy. This man was sitting there laughing at his antics and I yelled at him to help the cat, but he said, oh, it’ll be alright…cat’s have that happen all the time.

I was so angry with him. I wanted to hit him over the head ! My sister came out of the house and I told her what had happened and would she please take me home. She shot him an angry look and we got up to go. I forgot my shoes and stepped on some sand spurs while waiting for her to get the car. The neighborhood people came outside when I was calling her name, because I couldn’t walk or reach the sand spurs to pull them out. She came with her car, and had to move the grass away from my foot, then quickly yank them out. Oh, it hurt…it was a whole spray of them. I limped to the car and got in, so angry still. I was carrying on about how heartless her husband was, and she said she knew how I felt and would look after the cat. (why didn’t I stay to help her tend to the cat ?). Dream, of course. He is a hair shy of being Neanderthal, anyway. Poor girl didn’t realize it until after they were married and several kids had been born. That’s my opinion only.

So, we are driving along, when suddenly the city scene changed in front of our eyes. She said, “Linda, where the heck are we ?” Before I could answer, the street filled with men carrying knives and wearing bandanas on their heads. She floored the car to get through them, and then it just stopped. We had to get out and start running, trying to find our way to somewhere familiar. We came upon a street that was filled with very tall weeds. We had to go through, rather than go back. As I pushed through, I could hear my sister calling my name, and I called back, but then couldn’t hear her any more. I pushed through to the end of the street, turned to look for her and called and called, but no answer.

What was I going to do ? Where was I ? I was afraid and tried to figure out what to do. I didn’t recognize anything at all. The streets were dark and dirty, close together and the buildings were broken down. I could hear some kind of singing ahead, so cautiously limped that way. I turned a corner and was instantly surrounded by a crush of people all dressed in the brightest colors of clothing, very fancy, and the children were dressed as though for a party. They all surrounded me as I limped slowly along, until a wall of men appeared in front of them, and they moved away from me. These men were demanding to know what I was doing in their neighborhood. I realized they were Hispanic and tried to use my little Spanish to explain. They began to push me down the street, knocking me around, and my shirt tore and came off. Oh dear God…I was half naked here with a mass of people whom I didn’t even know and was afraid for my life.

They stopped me at a building and called out to someone inside. A woman, dressed splendidly, came out and took one look at me before yelling something at the men, causing them to back away. She took my arm and led me inside, where she gave me a thin sheet to cover myself. In awe, I looked around. Everywhere the eye could see was material of all colors and so beautiful ! Many little girls were there, all dressed in the most lovely, darling dresses…giggling to see me while they preened in front of mirrors on the walls. It was like a dance studio with ceiling to floor mirrors all around. The lady beckoned me to sit down on the floor, then returned to finish helping the girls get dressed. Those little ones that were ready came to sit with me and began to ask me all sorts of questions. Where did I come from ? Why was I there ? Where was my shirt ? They were very sweet and charming, and though they spoke Spanish, I could understand them and answer them. Strange ! I found out that this was the night that all the young girls in the neighborhood, and those surrounding, would be blessed at their church…like a communion. I grew very weary soon, exhausted from all the happenings so far, and wrapping myself in the sheet, lay down on the cement floor and fell asleep.

I awoke to the sound of singing and musicians playing guitars and mandolins. I was ushered outside and down the street with the crowd, all singing and dancing with great festivity. The night air was cold and the sheet wasn’t keeping me very warm. My foot felt swollen and was sore to walk on, causing me to limp more. Finally, we reached a cross street, where all gathered to dance and sing quite merrily. I laid down on the sidewalk and tried to roll myself up into a ball, freezing by this time. The little girls were very playful, shaking their pretty flouncy dresses in my face and showing me the dolls they all had now…each one smelling like wonderful perfumes. I asked about that and they said their Mama’s had each sprayed their favorite perfume on their dolls, which they’d received from the church as gifts on their communion. They were all very proud of them and I was shown each one. The girls were so kind to me. Although, it seemed strange that no one offered me any food or anything to drink. I must have slept through the communion, for it seemed like a long time had passed. I was parched and somewhat incoherent. I wondered what had happened to my sister, why this was all happening and how could I ever get home again.

I must have passed out, because suddenly I heard voices all shouting and something was tugging at me. My sheet…they were taking my sheet ! I felt hands on me and started to struggle away from them. I heard a voice saying, “Easy, Ma’am, easy…you’re alright.” I opened my eyes as two men in medical uniforms lifted me on my sheet and began to carry me out of the crowd. The lady who had taken me in came up beside me and told me they were taking me to the hospital. They were paramedics ! I felt a strange sadness to be leaving these people. They hadn’t harmed me in any way, except to not clothe me, feed me and give me liquid. Their children had, in a way, kept watch over me, and they were running beside me calling out with smiles and waves. As I was carried away, I reached back to them and called out, “Asta la Vista !”, over and over again. Then I must have blacked out again. I awoke to the sting of a needle being inserted into my arm for an I.V. and a cold stethoscope on my chest. I asked them if they could please, please give me a warm blanket to cover myself with, I was so cold. They did, and I started to sink into sleep again, but then felt them starting to pull at my pants as if to tear them. I started to protest and wave my hand, but it wouldn’t move. I didn’t know what they were doing, but they said to just relax, it was alright. I was so warm in the blanket, but suddenly they took it off and made me stand up. I was told I had to climb up a tall concrete tower to get out of this city, it was the only way. I could barely walk on my foot, was so very exhausted, and passed out again.

The next thing I knew was hearing the sound of my sister’s voice calling my name, and her arms were around me. She was crying, saying she couldn’t find me and had tried and tried. She thought she’d never see me again. Oh, it was so good to see her sweet face and feel her holding me ! Then the paramedics helped me into the ambulance, and said they needed to cut off my shorts because they were so dirty. So that was what I had felt before. I snuggled down into the warm blanket as they started to cut away, but suddenly…I jumped out of that world and right into reality ! There was my Patches, scratching at my pants leg, and I was laying sideways in my chair, freezing cold ! I had fallen asleep at my computer and left the windows partly open…it was very cold outside by now. Oh ! Have you ever woken up from a dream and not been able to move until you know for sure what is what ?

And have you ever missed the people in your dream ? I sat there in my chair and thought back over that dream for a while, and looked at my little dog, now sleeping on the couch. Before I had fallen asleep, I was sitting looking at a picture of the moon in partial eclipse. I think my brain went on a partial eclipse…another night spent with my friend, the moon. I’m going to have a talk with him, too…no more trips like that !

Linda Vale Martin © November 28, 2012

Last edited by Linner on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

poet1108
Platinum Member

Re: PARTIAL MENTAL ECLIPSE

Post by poet1108 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:25 am

Amazing, Linner, that you can so vividly remember your dreams.....I cannot! Another good write and an enjoyable read. Trust all is well with you. Our love, KayD and RogerP
Poet1108--Kay A Davis

condorfromtheandes
Platinum Member

Post by condorfromtheandes » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi Linda,
Amazing dream! Amazing story, Linda!
I am glad you have your furry best friend, Patches next to you when you sleep.
Thank you for sharing your stories with us!
I usually have horrible nightmares, and I suddenly wake up frightened...
Warm Hugs,
Monica.
Condorfromtheandes.

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Linda,
This was so good but you have totally worn me out! What a journey you took me on I had to keep reading I could not stop!!! I have very vivid Dreams also and some I hate especially when I wake up and feel like I am still there! I am hoping your next dream is a really good one. Only you could write about your dream and make it so interesting!
God Bless You Love Eva

DeaconSteve
Diamond Member

Post by DeaconSteve » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Let me know if you dream up another chapter of this. LOL I wanta know more! Most of the time I forget my dreams, but every once in while, one will stick with me, until I forget that one of course. This might also make for a good book, but I don't what kind, maybe fantasy? What is more intriguing is how well you remembered this in such detail, but that happens sometimes. Thoroughly enjoyed it, but will forget it as soon as I leave here. GLYASDI
Live today as if it were your last, for tomorrow it will be your past, but live it with peace in mind, joy to find, and for God divine!

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Post by Janice Kennedy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Sometimes I can remember a dream if I write it down, as soon as I wake up.
I use to keep a dream journal, but I haven't done that in several years. I agree with Eva,
you completely wore me out, but it doesn't take much to do that now a days.
A really interesting dream I would say. And your graphic is fabulous.

Love and Blessings, Jan ))(( )))(((
Attachments
full_moon_142.jpg
full_moon_142.jpg (15.85 KiB) Viewed 4436 times
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

Sharlee
Silver Member

Post by Sharlee » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Wow! That was a fantastic dream. I never remember those I have yet have woken with a sense of peace after they were over. Everything you tell is so real and yet not so real. Not sure if I would like a dream like this one. Yet, I must say, I really enjoyed reading yours.

In His love, Sharon

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:45 am

thinking_about_you77.jpg
thinking_about_you77.jpg (79.76 KiB) Viewed 4399 times
LINDA, DANG GIRL YOU WORE ME OUT AND SUCH DETAIL, GOODNESS. I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU SLEEP IN YOUR COMPUTER CHAIR BENT OVER. NO WONDER POOR LITTLE PATCHES WOKE YOU, SHE THOUGHT MOMMIE HAD GONE TO THE OTHER SIDE. WHAT A WILD DREAM AND I CAN SEE MERIT TO SOME OF IT AS WE MAY ALL SEE REAL PAINFUL PROMBLEMS COME OUR WAY, YOUR SUBCONCSIENCE WAS SURE IN ACTION IN THIS DREAM. WOW!!! SWEET DREAMS DEAR FRIEND. LOVE BRENDA