Just like Mom

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sharlee
Silver Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Just like Mom

Post by Sharlee » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:14 am

I looked into the mirror and what did I see?
My Mother was looking back at me!
What a surprise this was to see!
When did I start to look like she?
Was it day, months, or years this took place?
No matter the time, it was her face.
I closed my eyes so very tight
knowing I looked a different sight.
There's no understanding what happened to me;
Whenever I looked, it was her I would see.
Then thinking that's not so bad after all.
I straightened my shoulders to stand just Mom-tall.
Looking like Mom was really all right!
For she always shines so very bright.
Now I knew why I finally saw this in there
because she is my Mom and I felt the tears
roll down my cheek as I smiled real wide-
'Cause looking like Mom gives me such pride!

Sharlee

Hope
Diamond Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Just like Mom

Post by Hope » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:21 am

Sharlee,
I Love this and I can really relate to it! As we grow older we really start to see our Mom in us I know I see alot of my Moms good qualities in me as well as my Dads. But I look like my Mom!
God Bless You Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:33 pm

JESUS LOVE YOU AND SO DO I.jpg
JESUS LOVE YOU AND SO DO I.jpg (38.44 KiB) Viewed 2986 times
SHARLEE, I LOVE YOUR POEM AND HOW TRUE IT IS. LIKE YOU I'M VERY PROUD OF MY MOM ALSO. MANY PEOPLE SAY I LOOK LIKE MY MOM, I DON'T SEE IT BUT THEY CERTAINLY DO. ESPECIALLY MY HUSBAND. WONDERFUL POEM. THANKS FOR SHARING THIS MESSAGE OF TRUTH. GOD BLESS YOU. LOVE BRENDA

Sharlee
Silver Member

Post by Sharlee » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:23 am

Hello Eva, when I wrote this I was really surprise to find that the older I get the more I do look like Mom. She is amazing. She is 88 now and lives with my sister as both of them are widows. As we grow older we see so much that we have missed and I am so thankful to our Lord that He opened my eyes to see what a beautiful lady she is. Thank you for your comments. May the Lord's blessings be with you in whatever you put your hand to do.

Love, Sharlee