HOLDING DOWN A BENCH

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Linner
Diamond Member

HOLDING DOWN A BENCH

Post by Linner » Thu May 16, 2013 10:15 am

OLD MOSSY BENCH AT THE SQUARE.jpg
OLD MOSSY BENCH AT THE SQUARE.jpg (131.06 KiB) Viewed 4410 times
HOLDING DOWN A BENCH

Patches and I walked down to the Village Square this evening. She loves the walk, gets to sniff where the other dogs have been, and leave her calling card. I swear, it’s as if there is a journal of a sort, where each one tells a story and the rest can read it, then make an entry. I find it quite interesting to watch…a very unique communication method, using smell alone.

On the way, we stopped at the garden behind the dining room, where I work with the cooks at planting, tending and just enjoying the plants we put in. All of them are for use in the kitchen, mostly herbs and spices. Our baby basil plants are coming along well, transplanted here from my other garden plot. We have some straight neck squash in there, too, which is putting out new leaves, so it’s doing fine as well. I put some water down, it only gets watered in the morning with the sprinklers, and I like to give them some to recover from the heat of the day. I sure do love gardening !

But !! I was saying we were at the Village Square. I like to walk around here after hours. I get to see the place when it isn’t all a-buzz. Such a difference and I sure love the quiet ! I hear doves calling from the trees. Their sounds travel across the parking lot, bounce off the walls and echo back and forth under the overhang.

It’s about 7:30 p.m., and there is no one here. All buttoned up and put to bed for the night. It’s so quiet. I’m perched on a wooden bench while Patches is curled up on the concrete with a wide view of the parking lot, all of the trees and then across the road. Lots of squirrels are running and playing…there is a cardinal nearby singing its song, and lo…there is a huge bumble bee going back and forth to an old screw hole in the window frame above me.

So much Peace is here ! It’s a wonderful feeling. Well, time to head back home. I have really enjoyed this evening walk with Patches and look forward to the next one. For now, I say, “Goodnight Village Square…slumber well.”

Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Re: HOLDING DOWN A BENCH

Post by Janice Kennedy » Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 am

I really enjoy these walks that you take, Linner. I am
so glad that you let us go a long. Walks are more fun and interesting
when we walk with you. You have always had a wonderful way with
words, my friend. You make everything just come alive.

GLYASDI, Jan ))(( )))(((
Attachments
BEAUTY IS IN THE WORDS.gif
BEAUTY IS IN THE WORDS.gif (6.91 KiB) Viewed 4408 times
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

Linner
Diamond Member

Post by Linner » Thu May 16, 2013 12:50 pm

THANK YOU, JAN. I SURE AM HAPPY YOU ENJOY WALKING WITH ME. I DON'T SEEM TO HAVE MUCH POETRY LATELY, BUT THESE ARTICLES ON MY DAILY HAPPENINGS SEEM TO BE WHAT'S WHAT FOR NOW...LOL !! I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT "GRANDPA", TOO...STILL HAVE TO FINISH THAT STORY. MAYBE THAT'S WHAT IT'LL TAKE TO JUMP-START ME BACK INTO POETRY AGAIN ?? WHO KNOWS...BUT IT DOES NEED TO BE COMPLETED !! BUT...THANK YOU AGAIN, GIRL...SO GLAD YOU LIKE MY WANDERINGS...!!!!!

LOVE YOU....LINDA :D :wink: :lol:
Always be kind and fair; it all comes back to you in time ! Image

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Thu May 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Linda,
I can't walk with you but I can try with my wheelchair to keep up with you :D
I like this one you posted my dear friend.
Nice to read something like this one Linda.
I enjoyed this post too.
GLYASDI
B.J.

Hope
Diamond Member

Post by Hope » Fri May 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Linda,
Did you say GRANDPA! I have been waiting forever for that story no one can tell them like you do!!! I really enjoyed the village square with you and patches. You are taking me places I have never been and I am Loving every minute of it. I always feel so relaxed after reading one of your adventures. I know I said it before and I will say it again I LOVE the way you write!!!!
God Bless You
Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Sat May 18, 2013 12:17 pm

DEAR LINDA, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE YOU'VE PAINTED OF THE VILLAGE AND YOUR ENVIRONMENT. I'M GLAD THAT YOU ARE FINDING PEACE AND COMFORT THERE. GLYASDI, BRENDA