SOLDIER OF THE CROSS

Post any topic you like here. Share your thoughts on life, love, friendship, etc.
Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

SOLDIER OF THE CROSS

Post by Brenda Pike » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Jesus-2.jpg
Jesus-2.jpg (26.75 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
Soldier of the Cross

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"1

Dan Vellinga talks about a true soldier of the cross, Martin of Tours. "He was a Roman soldier and a Christian. One cold winter day, as he was entering a city, a beggar stopped him and asked for alms. Martin had no money; but the beggar was blue and shivering with cold and Martin gave what he had. He took off his soldier's coat, worn and frayed as it was; he cut it in two and gave half of it to the beggar man. That night he had a dream. In it he saw the heavenly places and all the angels and Jesus in the midst of them; and Jesus was wearing half of a Roman soldier's cloak. One of the angels said to him, 'Master, why are you wearing that battered old cloak? Who gave it to you?' And Jesus answered softly, 'My servant Martin gave it to me.'"2

Reminder: "Only one life, 'twill soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last."

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please help me to remember that whenever I give even a cup of cold water in your name, I am giving it as unto you. Please help me to always be a true giver and never a half-giver. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."

1. Matthew 25:37-40 (NIV).
2. Dan Vellinga, "What Would You Do?"

DAILY ENCOUNTER ARTICLE
SUBMITTED BY:
BRENDA CLARK PIKE

Hope
Diamond Member

Re: SOLDIER OF THE CROSS

Post by Hope » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Brenda,
This is a really good message and one we all need to try to live by. There is so much we can do with so little for someone that will mean the world to them. I know God Loves it when we reach out to others!
Thank you so much for sharing this!
God Bless You Love Eva

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:51 pm

EVA, THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT. I THOUGHT THIS VERY WORTHY FOR ALL TO READ AND THINK. GOD BLESS YOU AND PEACE BE WITH YOU DEAR FRIEND. LOVE BRENDA

Janice Kennedy
Diamond Member

Post by Janice Kennedy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:04 pm

It is very worthy, Dear Brenda. I love it. Thank you for sharing.

GLYASDI, Jan ))(( )))(((
Attachments
0ad1c7f6.gif
0ad1c7f6.gif (27.79 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
JESUS MESSIAH, NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. JESUS MESSIAH, LORD OF ALL.
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE ALL THE TIME

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:46 pm

DEAR JAN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENT. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON ALL OF US. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS. LOVE BRENDA

B.J.Morbitzer
Platinum Member

Post by B.J.Morbitzer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:33 am

Dear Brenda.,
I thank you for sharing this one my friend.
It is very worthy this I know as well.
I thank you once again for sharing this write.
GLYASDI
B.J.

Brenda Pike
Diamond Member

Post by Brenda Pike » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:02 pm

DEAR B.J. THANKS FOR THE COMMENT. WHEN I READ THIS I GAVE MUCH THOUGHT TO THE MESSAGE AND HOW I FIT INTO GOD MESSAGE. I CAN STAND PROUDLY BEFROE GOD AND NOT WORRY THAT I HAVEN'T OBEYED HIS WORD ON THIS SCRIPTURE. BLESSING TO YOU. LOVE BRENDA